Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Retro Grading Gets a New Shop

alan627b ยท 2009-01-16 18:22

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ground broken and walls are up on Retro Grading's new Cat shop, much needed since the acquisition of new larger machinery last year. A 657G or a D11R CD will fit through the doors, my operation outgrew it's old Quonset hut! New shop is 60'W X 94'L X 22'H (in 1/48th scale) Actually, this is the first of several buildings I'm going to make to display my model collection, this one was made from the drawers that were under an old storage/bed being thrown away. The Cat dealer structure that comes next wil be a bit more ambitious project, with even larger doors and taller roof to allow anything up to a 994 or 5110 through the openings. I'm either going to try building a shop crane, or see if one of the O scale train manufacturers has something I can adapt. If anybody has any suggestions on details to make it more realistic, feel free to submit them here. Pics appreciated too. If I can't build a shop for my real Cats right now, this will have to do! alan627b Chief Operating Officer, The Retro Grading Company

Replies6
  1. #1992G2009-01-18 18:01

    Hey Alan, What kind of red tape did you have to go through to get the permits for the shop?

  2. #2Bellboy2009-01-28 14:35

    Wow, I should build a nice big shop for all my equipment... Very nice little big building there!

  3. #3alan627b2009-01-29 02:36

    992G... Permits? I don't need no steenkeeng permits! LOL! More pics as i get time to work on this. Alan

  4. #4alan627b2009-01-29 02:40

    Just a small sample of my fleet of 300+.....

  5. #5Speedpup2009-01-29 17:31

    Where's the roof? I guess you got no work the equipment is spotless

  6. #6992G2009-01-29 19:12

    Alan, Nice D9G pusher,who makes it?