Its been a long wet winter down under and Retro Contractors (Auckland) 1/50fleet has been thru the shops and is ready for business ! Recent acquisitions include a Euclid TC-12, Dresser 210M, Hitachi ZX225 and Cat 666 & 834 with others in the pipeline still to arrive
And since First Gear is coming out with 1/25th scale Payhaulers, that table is definately going to need structural re-inforcement! I got my McCoy 666 this week and I am thrilled to pieces with it. Worth the 30 year wait. Since you are the Wabcoman, you are going to need at least one of these.... http://www.constructionscalemodels.com/productdetail.aspx?recid= 15209 Alan
Like those two AC scrapers in the second pic. Are they 360.s or 460,s or some other model. I need to buy some like that.
Hi Alan. Would love one of those C-Pulls but they are over 500 bucks - at the upper stratospheric limit of my modelling budget. Wouldn't mind one of the Heil's either but same deal there too - way expensive. Hopefully some smart soul at Spec-Cast or First Gear will see the market opportunity My Cat 666 is the non-McCoy version, I suspect about a 1967 version without the ROPS. Crayton, The Allis' are TS-300's made by First Gear and represent machines of about 1954-55 vintage. They are excellent models, way superior to Norscot stuff. Even has 'Buda Super Diesel' cast into the inlet manifold - class :drinkup You should be able to pick one up on ebay for about $80 - $100 DHS Diecast or NorthWest Scaled Hobby may still have a few left as well so try them. Both trustworthy sources of good quality models The WabcoMan
Hello WABCOMAN, Who made the Euclid TC12 Model? A friend of mine brought me a OHS Kit too see if I wanted to try and put it togather. The instructions are not very detailed. Always nice to see some green color in the collections. dpull
Hi dpull, Yes its always nice to see some real Euclid green in amongst all the yellow. Considering the amount of product that Euclid put into the marketplace its a real shame not more people offer models of Euclid equipment. The TC-12-2 was made by Black Rat models of the UK and is a very limited edition . The guy who makes them only does about 50 per run and then thats it. He also does one of the earlier TC-12-1 with the hydraulic nose cone with the lights set into the cowl surrounds (like the old Corgi model). If you're keen Buffalo Road Imports in New York may still have an example left The model is very accurate. Having operated one of these beasts I can say that the only things missing are the smell & the oil leaks !
Make a Youtube account and show these off! I did and everybody loves them because there is a group of us that do it all the time, check out the first link in my signature for an idea of what we do. Nigel
Hi WABCOMAN, Thanks for the reply,I have seen a couple of the Blackrat models before and they are Very well done. The model budget is pretty well wiped out this year as I picked up the CCM Cat 666,D10 Push Dozer and 834 wheel Dozer. Have you ever seen a Sherwood Euclid C6 Dozer? They were built in 1/25 scale and are really nice. I keep looking for one to turn up sometime that I could afford. I also spent some time on a Terex 8280 in the early 1970's push loading TS24's in a strip mine I was working at. It had a push block on the front and did very well as a pusher. Sure wish I would have taken some pictures back then. I made a fellow an offer on a Terex 8230 awhile back, Been sitting under roof for 10 years now. I don't need it,have no use for it but man it looks so cool as it has a full forestry ROPS and Sweeps plus a Garfield P/C unit on the rear. Now better get back to sorting out all the parts for the OHS Euclid 8280 model kit. dpull
Hi dpull, Your buying habits are reflecting mine. The CCM Cat 834 is a little honey but I've added a few more fetails to it to finish it off. First was an instrument panel - scanned one out of Machinery Trader reduced it to size, printed it off & installed it - looks great. Next were the levers - needed knobs painted black, and finally the exhaust stack was painted silver. Its now reqdy for some serious action. I'm waiting for my CCM DD9H - that'll fill up the 666 real quick !! Plenty out there to keep you poor and more being released in the new year. I have a real soft spot for Terex/Euclid dozers - not very fast but excellent ripping tractors and the 82-20 I operated for a while would hang on the side of a slope like a mountain goat, really well balanced. Really sad they stopped making them Buffalo Road have an 82-30 but you'll need $850 - better ask Santa ! Happy modelling