Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Retrofit 3306 into a D7F

JHS ยท 2018-02-11 20:59

Hello, Has anyone replaced a 333T in a D7F (92E01162 or 94N01162) with a 3306PC. Should not be a problem with a lot of interchangeable parts, but would be interested to hear any comments of completed changeouts. Cheers

Replies6
  1. #1oldirt2018-02-11 22:24

    I vote for getting one with D.I.

  2. #2JHS2018-02-12 00:42

    So do I but we have 2 3306Pc engines................

  3. #3kshansen2018-02-12 08:03

    Nothing really wrong with a PC engine if it's in good condition and if one is sitting on the shelf that's even better! They can be a bit cold blooded starting but thinking that might not be a problem in Australia.

  4. #4bam19682018-02-12 10:59

    This doesn't directly answer your question but I had a 977L (11K) that the previous owner had swapped the 3306PC with a 333T. As far as I know the swap was fairly simple. The machine seemed to run and operate just fine. Just my $.02

  5. #5JHS2018-02-12 21:29

    Winter here is a shocker. You really go looking for the keep warm gear once the temp plunges below 15 Deg C. The change over should be easy. Rear housing, flywheel, mounting is the same. They are basically the same except for the had, front timing arrangement and the waterpump group. I was just fishing to ensure I was on the right path.

  6. #6kshansen2018-02-13 08:05