Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Retrofitting Connect-under-Pressure Valves to Deere CT332

broadwaterfarm ยท 2014-03-31 17:25

Hello, I have a Deere CT332 with standard flow. The valves look like the attached picture. Has anyone retrofitted connect-under-pressure valves to their CT332 (or other skid steer)? If so, what valves did you use? The standard valve looks like this . I'm trying to figure out what thread type etc (1/2 inch NPTF?) to order (and a source to order them from). It looks to me like Parker has the right valves (see page 20 here: http://www.parker.com/parkerimages/Parker.com/Divisions/Quick Coupling/Cat 3800-OEM 06-10.pdf ), however, I am not sure if the threads will fit. Any help would be much appreciated. This seems like an easy and cheap upgrade but it has been tough to find the right valves.

Replies6
  1. #1pondo2014-03-31 20:54

    Hello. First those are quick flat face connect couplers, not valves. I am bad at guessing. Fitting sizes...but it is in the stamped code on the brand new one in 2nd pic. Try searching the forum for hydraulic quick couplers ..there definitely a thread about them...I think there is another supplier that sells the under pressure couplers. Yes it's an easy and fairly inexpensive upgrade.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2014-03-31 21:03

    Question why you would want to go to "under pressure style". I shut the machine off. Turn the switch back on without starting and cycles the control. Viola, the couplers connect/disconnect easy as pie. If you are looking for the same style any of the farm stores sell them more reasonable than the dealers. The flat faced ones common on skidsteers are a lot easier to wipe clean than the pioneer style.

  3. #3Delmer2014-03-31 21:21

    12 ORFS?, that's a guess from the pics. Looks like O ring Face Seal, there will be an O ring in a groove under that plastic cap in the second pic. 12 is hydraulic for 3/4" (12/16", nominal hose size that is, you'd have to look up a table to translate actual size and TPI to "size"). That looks like 1/2" from here, but trust your own numbers. You could look up the part number at jdparts.com and see if they list the thread size.

  4. #4heymccall2014-03-31 23:43

    "Faster" makes the manifold you seek. Takeuchi wasn't too bad on price. But if you can find a "faster" dealer, you'll save a little. IIRC, the manifold is a "4FF". Like here http://www.tipcotech.com/sup_faster.html

  5. #5broadwaterfarm2014-04-01 17:59

    In my case, I always toggle the control with the machine off before disconnecting an attachment to relieve all of the pressure. However, I find that for whatever reason, attachments that have been completely depressurized before being detached can often be impossible to reattach without unscrewing the hoses to let off some pressure. Perhaps temperature changes cause pressure to build up, or some other attribute that I am missing is causing the problem. Replacing the couplers with the newer style that is now on all the new machines seems like great way to avoid having the hassle all the time.

  6. #6old-iron-habit2014-04-01 21:38

    Makes sense. I use only my own attachments with just the one machine so have been able to avoid that problem.