First time here, I have a 455G track loader and I’ve been searching the planet earth for a return to dig switch. Part no. AT117248. Jd says their new part no. Is AT163212. This is an echo brand which is used on drive shafts and the echo mfg told me it will not work for this application. JD has admitted to this. Anyway anybody know where I might find one? Thanks Dave
Welcome to HEF Dave . That style of magnetic switch was also used on their E and G series loaders. Deere has no solution or options , just throwing their hands in the air ?
Looking at both part numbers, other than price, they are both the same. I dunno who said it won't work, but, I see no reason that the new number won't work. It's just a magnetic switch. It has a power, a ground, and an output. You could test it on the counter right at the dealership. Heck, it's even used in Hitachi LX100-2, LX120-2 and LX150-2. #1 in image.
And, here it is on a 450G. #17
I've never understood that feature. First time I ran a 980 loader it kept doing wacky uncontrolled stuff and kept banging sideboards. I'm in there getting pissed. "IM NOT EVEN TOUCHING THE CONTROL!!!" Between that and the stupid joystick steering I wasn't having a good time. One if the guys turned off all the computer "features" and finally was able to run that thing proper.
thanks guys, JD admitted the echo switch will not work, I know it is just a magnet activated switch with 3 wires going to solenoid, ground, and hot --very simple yet hard to re do
Do you have a photo of the existing switch.? Does it look anything like the image below.?
3 wires, yeah, it's likely got a magnet, but it's probably not a magnet switch but rather most likely a Hall Effect sensor, that's not the same thing as a magnet switch.
no, thanks for the reply, the wire connector is rectangle shape not square and the switch is similar but not exact. I can alter the connection wires they are same color code what is this switch from? and what does it do? thanks again
That's a Hall Effect switch from a Cat loader return to dig setup, equivalent to #1 on the illustration @HMC posted above in Post #3. A magnet (#4) passing by that control will send a signal that trips the detent coil on the tilt lever. Do you have the electrical schematic for your 455G.?
boy, ill check with CAT on Monday, gotta ask, do I ask for a Hall effect switch return to dig, having no part number?
Ask them if they have Part Number 9G-0116. That's the one in the illustration above. There is also 3E-7844 and may be others, I'll have to look. No guarantee that any of them will work but the operating principle appears to be the same.
I think that before you go running to Cat looking for alternatives it is important for somebody to establish that the electrical control for the RTD position on your loader operates in the same way as a Cat one does. That will require a look at an electrical schematic for your machine. After a brief search I have found maybe a dozen or so different Cat Part Numbers, all of which seem to operate in the same way. Some of the differences appear to be no more than different electrical connectors but I am sure that there must be other differences as well. Can you post a photo of the control from your machine.?
I can't remember if the LED is on or off when latched, but, I still find it hard to fathom that the new number, that looks the same, plugs in the same, and is used on more current tractors, is not going to function
as i mentioned in my first post,,, that item is NOT available, JDs fix was the Echo switch, part number was also mentioned in first post, after talking with ECHO direct I was told this switch was for a driveshaft intended to pick up rotation and would Not work for this application. JD did a check within in and told RDO parts guy this Echo switch is now not used, and also told him they recommend looking at aftermarket. I built two airplanes and fly them still, I know how to read and write and research and thank you Nige for your help, your the best