Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How To Add Auxiliary Hydraulics to 955L?

rnexus ยท 2024-03-07 19:13

I'd like to put a custom grapple on my 955L 85J7889. Any suggestions where I should plumb in / how I should do this? I've done this before on my Deere Loader backhoe, but I'm not really familiar with the hydraulics on this 955L.

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-03-08 08:04

    Change out hyd. tank with one that has a aux. valve in it, use a diverter valve, install a separate pump

  2. #2hseII2024-03-17 13:18

    I would look for the same series 955L in a parts tractor that has a 4-N-1 on it & buy the whole tractor. Swap all the 4-N-1 stuff over to your machine & figure out how you will mount the grapple.

  3. #3rnexus2024-03-17 19:29

    That's a really good idea. Definitely the smartest if possible. Will have to wait until I move in a couple of years, but it will be great to have a parts 955 also...just in case. Thanks for the replies everybody.