Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reverser oil overflow

Robert Laird · 2022-09-15 22:42

Has anyone ever had this issue. I have a John Deere 510D. I’m getting hydraulic oil coming out of the reverser fill tube. The oil is coming out with bubbles in it and if I try and drive the machine it will not move. It sounds like I’m getting air into the oil. Does anyone know what can be causing this. I did see some comments on this issue in the past but nothing that’s definitely the source of the problem. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-15 23:03

    My 410D had same issue. Breather on top was plugged. Puked out aerated oil and wouldn't move.

  2. #2Robert Laird2022-09-15 23:06

    Breather on top of what?

  3. #3heymccall2022-09-15 23:34

    Reverser. #2 p/n U14273 breather And #13 p/n AT101565 air filter

  4. #4Robert Laird2022-09-15 23:45
  5. #5Robert Laird2022-09-15 23:46

    Thank you

  6. #6Nathan Hudson2023-02-17 11:06

    Did this fix your issue Robert? I’m having the exact same problem. What’s the best way to access that breather? Haven’t had a chance to get out to my 510D to locate the breather