I have a 92U38706 3406B out of a 1980 international s series truck and I'll be putting it into an international paystar. The oil pan on the s series is backwards to accept the front axle where on the paystar it it forwards. I've not yet had the pan off so don't know what's inside but I assume it's just the pick up tube I'll need to change them just refit the pan the correct orientation? Can anyone confirm that and advise of the right pick up tube part number Thanks
I'm not going to be very helpful other than to say that I'm pretty sure a 92U is an A and not a B. Here is a picture of the pump on a 4MG B.
It’s just the pickup tube that’s different. Long one for rear sump. Should be many used ones available. Then it’s just a matter of reversing the pan. The one pictured above must have a brakesaver with the extra pump section and lines.
Oh yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that.
Thanks guys. Ya I figured it would just be the pick up. I'll see if I can look up a number.
If you get a used pick up tube it would be a good idea to magnaflux test it for cracks. I only say this because the pick up tube on my track loader had a hairline crack after a root punctured the oil pan. The shop that rebuilt the engine discovered the crack. Unfortunately the oil pump had the gears stripped off and after that the rings didn't seat but the pick up tube wasn't the problem.
Good call.... I'll see what the numbers are used against new.