Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rex pactor info

csx7006 ยท 2014-05-01 22:22

Hello.I am trying to find some info on the REX soil compactors.

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952014-05-02 06:33

    The only Rex compactors I have seen are in the landfills. Supposedly these 3 wheel compactors obtain the highest compaction ratio for trash - MSW and C/D. CMI/Terex makes the units now I believe.

  2. #2clintm2014-05-02 06:51

    road machinery services in statesville nc has a lot of experience servicing and totally rebuilding those machines for landfill and dirt applications. you have a CMI logo in your avitar they built these do you work for CMI

  3. #3csx70062014-05-02 11:08

    I do not work for CMI. I ran their soil compactors. They are in my opinion better than vibrating sheepsfoots. Rex pactors are the same. Terex discontinued the soil pactors when they brought out Cmi. A new company called Cmi roadbuilding is making these machines again.

  4. #4clintm2014-05-02 13:47

    so what kind of info are you looking for

  5. #5csx70062014-05-02 16:20

    Everything and pictures. I like them so much that I want to make a scale model of one

  6. #6Trashman2014-05-02 18:37

    Reece Albert in San Angelo had a boat load of those machines at one time. Not sure if they still do.

  7. #7csx70062014-05-02 21:16

    yeah i like em

  8. #8CM19952014-05-03 09:24

    I didn't realize they hold their value to so well. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1011&Manu=CMI http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1011&Manu=REX

  9. #9csx70062014-05-03 14:33

    yepp

  10. #10csx70062014-05-04 09:51

    http://cmi-roadbuilding.com/presentation/preview/#slide-99