Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat cs433 problem with front and rear speeds

truecountry ยท 2014-04-14 19:50

I was tolded the Hydraulic pump for rear axle was bad .. After looking it over I found that the roller reverse and drive axle was turning forward ... Checked the linkage and axle pump linkage has loosened up and causing the problem . Now roller is faster then rear axle ...Is this a adjustment made on linkage from axle pump to roller pump or do I need to adjust Hydraulic pressures ??

Replies3
  1. #1truecountry2014-04-17 23:44

    Fixed it was pressure and linkage I found the link neutral and adjusted to both and adjusted pressure front pump is roller second pump is axle ...I had pressure gauges but didn't see a swing adjusting it so I used 2 pieces of duct tape on roller and tire to adjust speed til they turned the same

  2. #2overworked2014-04-18 07:56

    Pretty good thinking, did you have it off the ground?

  3. #3truecountry2014-04-18 10:27

    Yes Sir I forgot to post that it was blocked up