Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rexroth Mower Hyd Motor

mekanik ยท 2021-09-05 19:10

I'm installing a hydraulic motor on a mower that goes on an excavator. The old motor had lots of hours and was leaking and lost some of its power. Its a Rexroth bent axis hydraulic motor. I bolted the motor on the gearbox and took the plug out of the motor and filled it with clean hydraulic oil. The owner is concerned about damaging the motor. Its powered by the thumb circuit. Filling the motor should be all that is needed or is there more I should be doing? I am attaching a pic of the data plate on the motor. Thanks In Advance! Terry

Replies1
  1. #156wrench2021-09-05 20:31

    I would hook the hoses to the motor and run it before you attach the motor to the mower, preferably slowly if possible to purge the air and run it for a while to check for leaks and to give it a short, no load run-in