Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reynolds out of business!

powerjoke ยท 2009-09-10 16:14

I just heard from my dealer that Reynolds shut the door's can anyone confirm this? Pj

Replies34
  1. #1excavator2009-09-10 19:15

    Yes, I heard this about a month ago, local dealer went to order parts and were told a plow company was handling parts sales. Had to pay with a credit card,former accounts are canceled. They don't seem to have alot of parts available and any large frame peices that came of the assembly line are of course no longer available. Had to replace a couple of lower gate assemblies last winter and am glad we did as this kind of stuff is no longer available. I wonder, do you think that Case IH might try to purchase them? When Deere bought out Cammeco, Reynolds seemed to have aligned themselves somewhat with Case IH. Any thoughts?

  2. #2powerjoke2009-09-10 20:32

    well, i never thought about that. my CASE IH dealer is the one i called today, it would be pretty keen if it were to happen that way Pj

  3. #3roddyo2009-09-10 20:44

    That's Unreal. Around here half the Farms were leveled with a 8C and a 12P Reynolds pulled with a 4840 then a 4850 MFD or a Magnum. Seems like the other half was leveled with a Reynolds 12C and an Injector Bucket or a 12C Train.

  4. #4Dozerboy2009-09-11 19:04

    Wow we have a few of there small pans.

  5. #5JohnBer2009-09-20 10:12

    Im runnin six 17e's, four 17c's and three 14e's, Hope someone picks em up.

  6. #6Txdrt2009-09-21 22:58

    The co. I used to work for almost bought some in Jan. We decided to go with the K-Tech scraper, I bet they're glad they did. Too bad for those guys, their products moved a lot of dirt. I believe we will start seeing more of this if work doesn't pick up.

  7. #7kwp50002009-10-13 23:45

    Thanks

  8. #8flametamer2009-10-14 11:42

    If you need parts or scrapers, try Crabtree .

  9. #9flametamer2009-10-14 19:00

    I have no idea if it's true or not, but the rumor is that some of Crabtree's dirtpans are older Reynolds designs that Crabtree bought the patents on. Again-rumor. Dt

  10. #10scraper guy2009-11-13 11:33

    Reynolds scraper parts There is a place in Arkansas that manufactures Reynolds scraper parts. The name is Pull Scraper Parts Warehouse. They are a very large company and they will have every part that you will need. Might I add their Hydraulic Cylinders are very very good.

  11. #11diggin022009-11-21 21:02

    we have been buying our reynolds parts from aftermarket from our local Deere dealer. Have been having great luck with everything from them, especially the price. The other day I was in a pinch for a gate cylinder and my case ih dealer had one in stock. I went and picked it and the bill was $1815. Luckily we rained out the next morning before we started so i called the guy at the deere dealership. He quoted me $870 delivered to my door overnight. So I returned the cylinder to the case dealer and the next day my new one was there by late morning. IT WAS THE EXACT SAME CYLINDER. The case dealer is selling aftermarket at reynolds prices. Just thought I'd vent a little. The return address on the ups label goes like this Earthmoving Parts and Equipment K D Sales Sherrill AR I do'nt know if they sell retail or wholesale only, but its worth a try. I've found that they sell even the small items like hitch thrust plates and such.

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2009-11-22 14:40

    Sounds like your Case dealer is trying to make a huge markup on his parts. Just think, The Deere dealer made some money at their price even with the shipping. I bet I know who you don't call on except as a last resort.

  13. #13scraper guy2009-11-23 08:31

    That place KD Sales is known for selling poor quality parts. I wish you the best of luck on the cylinder lasting. I hope it does because I know down time is hard, I purchased 2 frame cylinders from my Case dealer and it came from them and both started leaking after 9 hours.

  14. #14diggin022009-11-23 20:27

    I haven't had any bad luck yet Scraperguy. I have notice a few of their ball sockets on the cylinder rods are strarting to stress crack prematurely on my 14c. i'd like to find my 14c pans a new home because all we are moving this year is mud. On that note have any of you guys tried push loading reynolds pans w/ a dozer. We are thinking of trying it on a job we are on now. I'm not sure how they'd react w/ the push block going up on the rear when you lower them. Thanks for your input.

  15. #15scraper guy2009-11-24 08:28

    I think that you will be just fine as long as you dont bump them too hard. I have seen a job in the Houston area where they have a train of 3 buckets and they are pushing them with D8's. There are some guys here where I live that are pulling 2 Deere pans and they are using D11's to push them and they are not breaking anything. We are just like you here, we have been in the mud all summer. It's just now getting dry enough to start working again.

  16. #16CRABTREE MFG2009-11-24 17:50

    As far as I know Reynolds is out of business. They dropped their website within the last month or so. We have heard rumors from our customers and suppliers about this for a couple of years. We make most replacement parts for Reynolds, John Deere and our scrapers as well and have a very good reputation. I personally run the machine shop and make the parts here on site. Our website is http://www.crabtreemfg.com if yall want to check us out. Any questions are welcomed.

  17. #17powerjoke2009-11-24 22:02

    CrabTree, glad to have you,,......Crab is not your first name, would you mind sharing with us your first name so we can get to know the man behind the screen lol? Pj

  18. #18Abscraperguy2009-12-03 00:23

    Hey here is the auction listing for Reynolds. There's a lot of stuff they're selling. Patents, partially completed units, tools, steel and the plant itself. Would be an interesting auction. http://www.kosterindustries.com/upcoming auction sales/reynalds international/Reynolds Brochure.pdf

  19. #19CRABTREE MFG2009-12-03 17:39

    Thanks for the info Abscraperguy. Sounds like a road trip for me if we can get caught up around here.

  20. #20pullpans2009-12-21 16:53

    KD Sales has been in the scraper parts business since 1987 and if any customer has issues with product please contact 1-800-533-1893 or [email protected] You can see by visiting our website we know scrapers! I am unaware of scraperguys issues, but would like to know more if possible.

  21. #21pullpans2010-02-16 13:33

    scraper guy have you ever purchased from KD Sales?

  22. #22Abscraperguy2010-02-16 21:52

    Nope never have. The few timeswhen we needed parts we either built them or some specialized parts (like hogs eyes etc) we just got em from Crabtree.

  23. #23SPLUNK2010-07-30 16:34

    I have no clue who scraper guy is, but his info is way off on the quality of the parts from KD Sales, this must be an employee of PSPW because the fact is KD Sales is the oldest and largest scraper parts manufacture in the world, they are OEM providers for DEERE, CAT, and many of the scraper manufactures out there today. They get many of their parts built by the same people that built fot Reynolds before they went broke. They have external thread cylinders just like Deere or they will sale you the Reynolds cylinder if you wish. They carry over 2500 different scraper parts and even build clone models of Reynolds scrapers. They carry parts for most popular scrapers on the market today and carry parts for Reynolds scrapers that have not exsisited for 40 years. They can build any part on any Reynolds scraper to exact factory specs. They also sell direct to customers who do not have local dealers and are priced extremly competitive. They also build one of the best line of scrapers on the market with over 50 models to choose from, more than any other scraper manufacture in the world! period! their toll free number is 800-533-1893. They were actually selling parts to Reynolds for the last year that Reynolds was in business and Reynolds would put them in Reynolds boxes and ship to dealers as OEM parts!!!! So I assure you quality is not an issue, and if you want to know about PSPW parts quality you can call me and I will be happy to express my personal opinion about my experience with them. 912-657-9620 Stephen Plunk

  24. #24Swamp rat2010-07-30 21:17

    Hello Steve - this is Haywood from Royston . I was in Wrens looking for you a couple weeks ago. Good to hear where oyur at now.

  25. #25SPLUNK2010-07-31 09:22

    Hey Haywood, how are you? still pushing dirt around I guess? I am still n Savannah and still pushing dirtpans, you need any???? Got plenty for sale!!!!

  26. #26pipelinetrash092010-08-31 09:04

    Reynolds just opened there does Jan 4, 2010 and just started building pans yesterday (August 30, 2010) Talked to a design guy and said they are in full swing

  27. #27SPLUNK2010-09-01 12:26

    If you think Reynolds is in full swing, call and try to order parts for your old Reynolds scrapers and see how long it takes to recieve them if you can get them at all, and what they cost!! They are double to triple the cost of KD & PSPW, and KD now has MOST if not all of the old Reynolds vendors suppying them with what would be considered OEM parts by the old Reynolds International company. In fact, the last 6 months of Reynolds International being in business before closing in December 2009, they were buying parts from KD Sales and packaging those parts in Reynolds Original Parts boxes as Reynolds OEM Parts and sending them to customers and dealers. This new company is a garbage truck body company and has zero experience in the scraper industry. Hiring a person from Reynolds, who should have retired years ago, will not make this company what it was, It will never again be number one, and be lucky to survive at all!, in my opinion. I think the fact that they call themselves the oldest and largest on their web site is a joke! They are now Reynolds llc owned and operated by people who have no experience in scraper manufacturing and are building their scrapers in Mexico not in the USA like they cliam on the web site. I for one will not be fooled!

  28. #28Southern Delta2010-09-14 23:11

    Does anyone know where i can find me some Crabtree pull scrapers, 20yd up to the 27yd, for sale?

  29. #29CRABTREE MFG2010-09-23 15:47

    Hey Southern Delta we have one used Crabtree CS2112 with very low hours on the lot that just came off lease. That's the largest used scraper we have right now but we're building new ones everyday!

  30. #30SPLUNK2010-09-23 20:06

    I also have IMC 225 25 yd scrapers used in stock and a Rome 20E used, and several 2112 Deere scrapers if that will help?

  31. #31SPLUNK2012-01-19 19:22

    Moving onward and upward, Have taken a sales position with the worlds leading manufacture of high horse power tractor equipment, Rome Plow. We are not only building Disk harrows, chissel plows, field cultivators, and sub soilers for up to 800 hp tractors, but we are now producing a full line of high quality, high performance dirt scoops for high horse power as well as finish scrapers foe agriculture. We will now win the price war, but noone will beat or product quality and durability! I learned alot from my IMC customers and will be applying those lessons learned to new scraper production at Rome.

  32. #32rezod12012-01-19 22:27

    Splunk Where are you located? would like to look at the deere 2112 scraper pan. Thanks

  33. #33Hogitall2015-07-28 17:53

    I have a 14 yard Crab tree scraper for sale. FYI Get at me.

  34. #34EatsCookies2018-05-07 21:19

    I am looking to buy what appears to be a Reynolds frame cylinder, part no 1022953/979. When I go to the pullscraperparts.com website, it identifies this cylinder as 6 x 12. When I go to the pspwllc.com website, it identifies this same cylinder as 5 x 12. Does anybody have any info on this?