I have problem with my apron cylinder on a 17 yard carry all. It is the model that has the apron cylinder like an ejector that the ram extends rearward. The cylinder keeps tearing away from the tongue of scraper or breaks the pin its also tore up the seals in the cylinder. I am pretty sure there has to be some thing wrong with the hydraulic pressure box in front of apron on the scraper frame. what does a guy need to adjust or is it that easy
Check to see if reynolds has updated the pins size or backet. we have 18cmx's and we had to update the pins size and bosses. they do have a different design than the 17 but i would check
From what I have had happen before the box you are referring to is only to adjust the timing of the apron and bowl dump cycle.I have not seen your problem on the job before. But it sounds like you may have a binding pin somewhere.If your timing is off you remove a cap like maybe 15/16 then there should be a spring with a lock-nut on top loosen lock -nut and turn screw to adjust. you can do this with tractor running, cycle dump at idle and adjust, apron all way open, then bowl dump, then bowl return, then apron close. Don't forget your P.P.E.