Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Right Side Cabs?

pwrstroke6john ยท 2008-07-21 16:13

I always thought that just the old deeres had right side cabs, but I keep seeing newer cats and others with that side cabs on them. Is there a reason for it?

Replies18
  1. #1biggixxerjim2008-07-21 16:26

    New cats????

  2. #2SweCE2008-07-21 16:49

    haha.. something is'nt right here! :duh

  3. #3AtlasRob2008-07-21 17:28

    Its quite amazing how many printers dont know the difference even when the sign writting should give them a clue. or did you mean to add opcorn

  4. #4tylermckee2008-07-21 19:53

    Why is CAT printing their decals backwards too!?

  5. #5ben46a2008-07-21 20:04

    Cant say ive ever seen anything but an old deere with a right side cab? got pics?

  6. #6insleyboy2008-07-21 20:48

    I'm old school, so here's my list...Insley, Hopto, Koehring, Hein Warner maybe?

  7. #7cat 3852008-07-21 22:48

    bucyrus erie,bantam

  8. #8Alan2008-07-22 00:09

    American too

  9. #9handtpipeline2008-07-22 02:09

    Here's proof of the Koehring and Bantam... http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x87/bandit1trucking/scan020001.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x87/bandit1trucking/scan070001.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x87/bandit1trucking/scan065001.jpg

  10. #10Countryboy2008-07-22 02:35

    There are some in this thread: Big Hopto / Warner Swasey

  11. #11trakloader2008-07-22 03:06

    Right Side Cabs Old Poclain.

  12. #12digger242j2008-07-22 05:43

    Look closer. That's a picture of a "TAO". It one of the Chinese brands...

  13. #13Bellboy2008-07-22 12:03

    Uyanamanga! thats digitally inhanced. you lie like a cheap watch. Good try though. :laugh You gonna be:crying

  14. #14insleyboy2008-07-22 21:44

    If I'm not mistaken, Lorain Maybe too. Kohering went to left side cabs with the 66 series machines

  15. #15RonG2008-07-23 04:20

    I used to run a Bantam 366 with a right side cab.I am not sure how that would play out model number wise to the Koehring though but they had the same heritage.Ron G

  16. #16insleyboy2008-07-23 22:06

    Countryboy, I remember those huge Warner/Swasey machines from the late 70's. A big sewer contractor here in Ann Arbor area had a few. I was probaly 18 years old, they were rippin up 1-94 freeway with those dinasours. I thought: my gosh what enormous junk! They seemed to pull out the highway, but were so slow to put it in a truck. Lot to look at back then, but they never siezed the oppurtunity they seemed to have at cornering the highway demo market. Right side cab though....staying with the thread!

  17. #17Countryboy2008-07-23 23:59

    I try....I really do.

  18. #18handtpipeline2008-07-24 17:12

    I think Koehring went to the left side cab with the --44 series, the same time that the Bantam name was dropped from the smaller machines. I know the 666d we had (the one in the pic) was right side cab, and I've also seen 666e's with the right side cab.