Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How good are you with an excavator?

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-07-19 20:52

This guy is good.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWSxFWv3Fo I just wish I knew what they were saying...

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies15
  1. #1hoeman6002008-07-19 20:56

    that was dumb the first time i saw it. do it a little faster i might be impresed. but my 6 year old son could move an excavator that slow.:deadhorse

  2. #2tonka2008-07-19 21:02

    repost!

  3. #3biggixxerjim2008-07-20 12:21

    sounds like another hack here. I AM impressed by this mans skills, and moving any faster would just put the womans life further into danger. I doubt your 6 year old son is capable even reaching all the controls on a machine.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2008-07-20 12:44
  5. #5tim the toolman2008-07-31 17:25

    Wow, that was pretty good, wonder how many times they tried that to get it.

  6. #6Countryboy2008-07-31 21:47

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums tim the toolman! :drinkup

  7. #7KMS2008-08-02 17:37

    Being out on the job and digging is a little different , cool tho KMS

  8. #8Deas Plant2008-08-02 19:36

    on reaching the controls. Hi, Hoeman600. I'm with Bigbixxerjim here. I too doubt that your six year old son could reach all the controls, let alone have the coordination to achieve that sort of artistry. Or have you had him on human growth hormone all his young life and modified the controls to suit him?

  9. #9nextdoor2008-08-03 09:47

    Seems that we have to use a machine to do everything nowadays, but by the look of that young sheila I would rather be doing it by HAND! All that aside yep he's bloody good.

  10. #10Demo_Andy2008-08-03 15:51

    I could do the same bit having said that I use a similar attachment almost everyday. As anyone here will testify alot of practise will eventually make a good operator. Heres a clip of me with my grab 'playing' basketball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0dd8_L9E7E And about someone mentioning he'd be impressed if it was done faster. Theres a lot to be said about being so slow and steady, it takes a lot of skill. Andy

  11. #11Wolf2008-08-04 13:20

    Hoops That is awesome, Demo Andy. Great shots. But what were you doing with the hoe inside the gym? Did you end up wrecking the place after the basketball game? Bet that big hoe did some damage to the wood floor, to say the least . . .

  12. #12Demo_Andy2008-08-04 14:36

    Cheers Wolf! Well I'd like to say I get paid to play basketball with a machine but... It was part of a school I was dropping, I had to make access in for a cherry picker so the asbestos could be stripped before demo. The opening I made just happened to fit the digger I have quite a few pics of that job (Open air pics). I'd like to put them up but I need to research on quick and easy image hosting techniques. Andy

  13. #13LOW BIDDER2008-08-04 18:01

    6 Year Old Speaking of 6 year olds, my son Frankie started around that age. Here is a photo of him at 7 on a demo job in Orlando. He is 18 now and runs all the equipment we own, however he stays away from the trucks for now.

  14. #14dayexco2008-08-04 18:53

    stick a kitchen match in the crack of a sidewalk, tape some fine sandpaper to a bucket tooth, light the match without breaking it.

  15. #15Demo_Andy2008-08-05 15:12

    Theres people out there who struggle to light a match without breaking it by hand, lol!