Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rip 613g

Gavin84w ยท 2010-02-11 06:19

I just read Cat have discontinued production of the 613G citing 0 orders over an extended period, the downturn in the markets they are most utilised and a rampant used machine market. That makes the 23 the only eggbeater in the line now.

Replies6
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-02-11 15:58

    I heard about that from the local dealer last week. Cat did not give any notice either. The local dealer, Johnson, is very good, and smart too. They bought the last 6 available from the factory. Now if anyone needs one, they will get the sale.

  2. #2bigrus2010-02-11 17:12

    One positive to come out this, small elevator scrapers on the secondhand market will/should increase in saleability

  3. #3Greg2010-02-12 11:11

    Don't they still build the 633's? Or is that an after market add on?

  4. #4Gavin84w2010-02-12 19:27

    I think Megacorp make an elevating scraper that is the 633 but it is not Caterpillar branded.

  5. #5DPete2010-02-12 20:06

    More jobs lost, hopefully only temporary.

  6. #6gd10r2010-02-16 23:08

    Aww cant be too bad, norsoct built a few thousand in 1:50 scale. Its too bad to see them can things so quickly. G