Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ripped Off

James Madigan ยท 2023-07-16 18:45

I was told by soemeone in these forums that a person had the part i wanted,I contacted the person and made arrangements to buy the part.The communications were strange but i sent them $200. They never sent anything.They are rip off artists : their email is [email protected] and [email protected] I m posting this to save someone else form getting screwed.

Replies6
  1. #1skata2023-07-16 21:37

    How did you send money?

  2. #2Delmer2023-07-17 00:01

    Unfortunately, forums like this lull people into a false sense of security that we're among like minded people. While in reality any scammer can join and post a few times.

  3. #3James Madigan2023-07-17 22:51

    Pay Pal

  4. #4OzDozer2023-07-18 00:48

    PayPal should return your funds if you've been scammed. Have you lodged a report with PayPal? Unfortunately, the internet is a scammers dream with it's anonymity. Never deal with anyone over the 'net unless you can cross-check, acquire confirmation of who they are, exactly where they live, or the address they operate from, and get a number you can call, to talk to them. The internet is also very useful for finding scammers. Type in the address or other 'net details you are given, and see if they come up as being mentioned as a scam operator on any other website or forum. It's surprising how often you find scammers exposed on the 'net - and by putting up their information, addresses, modus operandi, etc., you wise up many others to be alert. By far the most common method used by scammers is the "hurry, hurry" approach. They rush people into thinking they might miss out on a deal. It's the oldest pysch trick in the book, but it works 95% of the time.

  5. #5wlhequipment2023-07-18 10:01

    Sorry you got scammed. I always use the PayPal option that makes the seller send a PayPal invoice, then I pay that invoice. I forget what that option is called, and it has a cost associated with it, but it protects you (the buyer) from all the scammers out there.

  6. #6James Madigan2023-07-18 17:42

    Thanks guys