Been looking for Rippers or Scarifier for CAT 140G's and curious does anyone know more companies than VAIL or Diamond that makes them. Specifically I am looking for a center scari want it to be new if possible. It is crazy I figured it would be easy to find a Chinese manufacturer that would have them listed all over th eplace but haven't found anything yet.
Would a used one be no good to you ..? Apart from the hydraulic cylinders basically nothing on a ripper/scarifier setup wears out. Be careful if you get a used one though, there are different set-ups depending on machine Serial No. prefix. What's the Serial Number prefix of your machine ..? Also what type of rims/tyres (narrow or wide base, bias or radial ply) do you have fitted to it ..? I suggest that first off you need to figure out exactly what you're proposing to do with the ripper or scarifer. That will help you determine if you need a ripper or a scarifier. Once you have made that decision then you can start looking for what you want. You may find that a ripper is too much for the available traction of the grader and you just spin the wheels when you hook the ripper into the ground. That alone would indicate a scarifier would be a better option. On our 16s we have 7 pockets in the ripper frame available for ripper shanks. They are fitted with wide base rims and run radial tyres, so we are not going to get much more traction than that. The graders came with 4 shanks and Operations wanted a shank in every hole, so we put the 3 "missing" ones in. Now they complain that it spins the tyres and want us to take them out again .......!!!
Ha ha yeah I am a broker and typically our customers are the mind is made up type. They just say they want it and I try to find out why and they will respond because, Then I go with that. Typically I work with 72VXXX series motorgraders or the 05MD which are pretty consistent.