Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ritchie Bros Auction Orlando

hackalot ยท 2009-02-19 17:53

I've been viewing online the first 4 days of this auction. Relatively new, low hour equipment has been going at some very nice prices. Tuesday 350 wheel loaders, yesterday over 300 dozers, mostly 2003-2007 year models were sold. Today 400 skid steers; 400 Excavators tomorrow. took all my will power to stay out of the action. My wife kept walking in my office to make sure I was only viewing & not bidding. Lot's of equipment going to South America.

Replies9
  1. #1tripletree2009-02-19 20:23

    rb auction There web site said this should be the biggest auction that they have ever had. I have gone to it for the last two years. It took over a day just to walk around the site. The week before Yoder and Frey has one about 20 miles down the road. There they will let you rent golf carts to ride around the site saves on the legs. Rb has a lot newer equipment but Yoder has lots a new parts from the dealers. It took two years but i found rails and a full set of rollers for our 365. All cat parts and all new. Less than Half the price not a bad deal.

  2. #2RIrwin2009-02-20 17:50

    I just got back from there. Went there to look for a truck, but I didn't find the kind of deals I was hoping for. It was fun though. You're right about having to walk a lot. Wish I could've stayed longer, it's about 40 degrees warmer than it is here.

  3. #3GGDOZERINC2009-02-20 23:17

    I hear their is alot happening in south america right now

  4. #4Dozer5752009-02-21 19:26

    So what are some of the prices and the machines ?

  5. #5hackalot2009-02-22 09:16

    Auction results It will take a week or 2 before they post all the results, when they do I'll recap some items and post them here. Once the item is auctioned you can't see the price until they post all the results. I've got a lot of scribbled notes that I made as I was watching but would rather quote some actual sales. I was specifically looking at some 2005 Case dozer 650K models with Orops, 6way bld, std. tracks. I believe there were 5 of them with hrs. ranging from about 1200 to 3200. They went between $26k to $29k.

  6. #6Cat287B2009-02-22 13:27

    Prices from Yoder are on line now,you may have to login. I noticed when they got to all the older D7G's the auctioneers went to speaking Spanish. Up to 46K for a wore out 7G. Pete

  7. #7John C.2009-02-22 13:35

    You will find the realized sales on Machinerytrader.com.

  8. #8dirtyducks2009-02-22 14:30

    there were some good deals at yoder.

  9. #9T_S_S2009-02-22 18:29

    Just got back from going to Rb, yoder, and deanco auctions. Prices were very high considering the economic situation we are in. A few good deals on the blades at rb towards the end of the day. I saw a handfull of decent deals in the excavator department, loaders were fairly cheap, cat skidsteers and ctls were cheap. No excellent deals. Most things sold at market value. In regards to the people who were watching on the net, dont believe the hours listed for the machines. Lots of new hour meters and fudged with hour meters. Deals were much beter last year in my opinion.