Im looking for some information on windmill foundations. I found a few pictures in a thread here. I was wondering, is there any piers, or pilings underneath? Or is it plain and simple, dig a hole, throw a bunch of steel in it, and fill er up with concrete?
I think it is all site specific. If the soil can bare the wieght of the footing tower and wind loads no piers, no if the soil cannot support all that ot here is size restrictions then i think you would install piles.
Near me where they are erecting turbines, I'm told the re-steel cages, weighs 38ton and the concrete is in the region of 320msq per base ,the rumour mill has it that there are even bigger footings in the next phase. Stock
Windmill or Wind Turbine ? Here's a windmill foundation. Not a wind turbine . Also a link to the American Windmill site. :usa http://www.windmills.net/footings.shtm
Sounds like my sort of cowboy Dam it cant be that easy, everybody would be doing it
:lmao didnt notice the guy ropes till the second look, waiting for the glue to set were you.
Come on, everyone knows you have to tie up a bobcat. If you dont, they run off.
Apologies but we call turbines , windmills over here .........as well as a lot of other things.
Depends on the size and how high. I used to do the foundations for windmills before I found out most all windmills for power are a scam built on subsides, tax credits, and production tax credits + carbon off sets.
Wind Power ? Hello Darryl, So is wind power uneconomical ? Is it artificially supported ? Geez I seen these mega $$$ wind tower turbines , and farms ??? Somebody is making, or going to make, money, to build it. I hear what you are saying about the credits, etc. but that can't last forever. Hhmmnn.
Running on subsides and tax dollars Sorry but yes, as soon as they run out of a program they start it over. If they are late FLP will buy the Company. The way it works is they really don' t have to produce power. In Europe look at who has the most expensive power and you will find it's wind. Germany, Denmark just for starters. Passer by think that this is really helping the environment but it's really eye wash. There is a world wide movement to stop it due to cost and environmental damage. I think there is going to be a real surge here in construction. I think solar is a better choice and can be installed on roof tops, but that makes to much logic for the burocrat. What a shame that this was allowed to continue the last 10 years.
fftopic Lets get back to the topic at hand which was the construction of windmill foundations please.
Well how tall for starters. What diameter is the blade. What type of ground is the proposed site. What kind of wind. You might find that you don't have enough wind. Usually there is a study done to measure how often the wind blows and mph. Will you buy new or looking for used?