I live an hour away. I will be there to preview some stuff beforehand, though will likely stay home and do my bidding online. Does anyone else plan to look/bid/buy? I am interested in a mini skid steer, MTL, tracked jaw crusher, and D8 or larger dozer. Can a D8 size dozer be moved in one piece or does it require disassembly and reassembly after move. What is an average per mile rate to move something that size +/- 80k #?
Around $10 a mile in one piece and can go up depending on distance.
yikes, 700 miles
You can try your luck on Uship for something cheaper, but it being over width, overweight and not many have equipment to move it I doubt you are going less than $7000. Might get lucky and find a lost soul for $5000. Moved my 977K and that ran around $2750 and it was only 50k lbs and not over sized for 500 miles.
It is good to have the info. Now I can bid accordingly comparing total cost to buying something more local.
Where are you moving the D8 to if you only live an hour away? I see you're in Homosassa, my grandparents bought a winter home in Dunnellon, not too far from you. I wish I had a reason to bid on an auction in Orlando. I'd love to go visit my grandparents and have an excuse to get away from this cold Michigan weather.
bought some acerage in northeast TN, have to knock the tops off a few ridges Go visit your grandparents and be sure to go to the Rainbow Springs!
Wow, those springs are gorgeous
I wonder what something like this will go for, $75k or $375k ? I didn't find much for sale to compare. A new one listed at $460k and a couple of used ones listed for about the same. https://www.rbauction.com/2017-tesa...vId=12990649&id=ci&auction=orlando-fl-2022101
You have a lot of range for a D8. Model and year of manufacture would be the minimum info needed. The other issue is the bidding on the web has made a lot of prices kind of stupid, especially in that auction. The only thing that keeps some prices down there is the number of similar items being sold all at once. It's generally the only price research that I have done that required consideration of blockage. I think you can still research Machinery Trader back two years to get an idea.
Is your land near Mountain City TN?
Anything like that around here would have 2 feet of ice on it.
LaFollette, about 40 due north of Knoxville.
Damn caviar taste and Ramen Noodle budget: I went to the Orlando sight to look at various pieces in the 2/21 auction. This is the dozer I liked. From researching past sales it will bring 225k-400k, not what I want to spend. https://www.rbauction.com/2015-john...vId=13013699&id=ci&auction=orlando-fl-2022101
Ritchie's just brings in stupid money, I really wish someone would come into the market and take a bunch of their business, they are so shady. I doubt I will ever buy another piece from them, just FYI for anyone buying from them, do a lien search and get confirmation in writing before paying that lien will be removed after payment because Ritchie's does not guarantee it and if you pay and lien not removed they will tell you to pound sand not their problem. Burned once on this trying to sell a year after buying old lien still on, Ritchie's zero help said not their problem, thankfully it was a oversight of the lender and they were paid and eventually removed it. They use to be good to deal with i've bought a ton of stuff through them but they've gotten so big they don't care and SO shady. You know who is selling the unit by how long they wait for bids and who is buying. They will wait forever for certain ones and sell others fast. They allow buybacks for certain customers, or if they are selling it. I've found privately is cheaper and better stuff, only downside is you need to pay in cash, if you can't Ritchie's having access to easy financing is a huge plus.
Bid on 2 of these today at Lyon auction, but got left behind, went for $142,000 and the bidder took both at that price. I want to be under $100k. 2017 KOMATSU D155AX-8 CRAWLER TRACTOR SN:100101 powered by Komatsu diesel engine, equipped with EROPS, air, heat, SU blade w/ tilt blade, double barrel, 3-shank rear ripper.. https://lyonauctionlive.com/public#/sales/96487/lots/19944408
Suladas is spot on. I’ve been going to the big 3 auctions in Orlando since mid 70’s when Yoder and Frye was behind a hotel on 528 &I4. Yea Ritchie or any of them u have no clue who’s bidding and it’s obvious as he said when they come to a piece they own or a buddy. They’ll talk it up until they get what they want. When they got to mine it took 20 seconds lol. Crooks! Very rich crooks at that
I put together some more money, so will make an effort at the 1050k Deere. Does anyone have any input on that particular machine by looking over the pics? https://www.rbauction.com/2015-john...vId=13013699&id=ci&auction=orlando-fl-2022101 I started and operated the machine. It started easily. The engine was quiet. The controls operated smoothly. I saw no obvious leaks in engine or hydraulics. The sprocket teeth looked kind of sharp but the pins on the tracks that mate with it had very little wear. I looked closely at about 10 of them and ran my hand across them. Also, one pic shows a tag of a replacement engine. This seems unusual with the claimed 3800 hrs. Oh, and $17k to move estimate from the link at the auction site.
exactly` I have been to RB orlando 5 times and noted that the auctioneers spend an avg 43 seconds on pieces that they are not connected to. basicicly gave away stuff we had entered
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...79-8aab-86f40deebe89~X1-ZU11cp8h1fs239l_aroy1
Careful on the K models. If it has def I’d steer clear. That’s from what I’ve heard in the Deere K series w def. No personal experience. Also look at the track adjustment see if it’s ran out towards the end of the track frame. If it is it’s gonna need rails soon possibly. U can give the s/n to a Deere dealer and they can run it to see the repair history. Most of the time anyway. Good luck.
Is Ritchie Bros owner of Yorder Frey now
I do not know that. It is on the corner of I-4 and US 27.
With old D8's you can get burned big time (like very expensive scrap metal), most of them are by now very worn out (full of cracks and metal fatigue), but since they are painted gold everyone thinks they are worth it. If your looking for a machine to work and make dollars with old stuff may not be a good choice. If you have a large shop and like to from the ground up restore stuff then it maybe for you.
I may put on 500 hrs per year using it on my own property. I want something in good condition with an enclosed cab, heat and a/c, and am willing to pay for a good piece.
That ad does not claim the hours are correct. It says hours shown on the hour meter. I will note that something sounds bit odd in the video of the Deere in question. I can pick up some ticking sounds that likely should be picked up on the camera microphone. I always have to question an add that does not show any close ups that might answer any real questions. Undercarriages should show idler positions, sprocket teeth, bottom rollers and any leakage points like sprocket seals, pivot shafts and equalizer bars. A photo of the cab and close up of the monitor panel with the key on engine running. A photo of the seat and cab upholstery would be nice. Photos of the implements should show the underside corners of the blade, close ups of the blade joints and ripper linkage joints. Photos should also show what is right about the machine as well. If you want to sell it over the internet and maximize sale price, you need to provide some real information.
John, if you scroll down in the listing, you can find many more pics. Click on the camera logo in the lower right as shown in this screen shot. Also, every piece of equipment they sell has the same disclaimer on the hour meters.
Nice, thanks for the info. I usually only go down to the point of the disclaimers on the headline page.
Any more they almost always say hrs showing or “meter reads” I think they do that so they’re not stating the hrs leaves room for liability
$240k
The D8’s made strong enough money too
Anyone have any input on this? Pics aren't great. I'll be there in person in a few days to look more closely. https://www.equipmentfacts.com/listings/construction-equipment/auctions/212025239/1998-cat-d8r
Good loooing tractor! That’s a good engine series at leas for trucks lol. I think the R series tractors are good ones. No experience though. Good luck
I had one the very same .Great tractor. Looks good.Been working receantly
Here's an old one, don't know much about dozers but seems like it's getting pretty good dollars. https://internet-bidding.teamauctio...81-caterpillar-d8k-crawler-dozer-22bc0513-009