Hi there. I have a question about the web site Ritchie Specs. I like checking this site for weights of machines that I move with our lowboy. When they say "operating weight", what is your definition of this term? AJ
all fluids filled don't know if they are giving a spread of 200-450 lbs for the operator :tong shipping/dry weight is usually no fluids
So is it with or without a bucket? On an excavator. AJ
Operating weight on an excavator is usually with a SPECIFIC bucket and stick combination, as well as tracks and other options. The actual machine you pick up may be thousands of pounds heavier or lighter than ther posted "Operating Weight"
I haven't used that perticular site before but most specs are without the bucket on an excavator because theirs a lot of weight difference between buckets and attachments, they also don't take into account any debris or mud etc attached to the mahcine or any modificaitons done to them and you need to know what stick and booms in on it as well, its basically just an average so take it lightly, it gives a ballpark weight to start from.
Its best to scale it out if your hauling the same iron around like Jerry said weight verys greatly and your loads distribution. I should be able to get legal with our biggest track hoes on my trailer. If I had to ever get on the scales however it wouldn't be much short of a miracle if I was.
Ritchie Bros. Equipment Specs It has been sometime since this thread has been updated. Ritchie Bros has spent a LOT of money creating their spec. site for the Heavy Equipment User and their clients. There is no charge for the information. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other site like it even on most Manufacturer's web sites. go to http://www.ritchiespecs.com/