Anybody know the separation distance when crossing an existing sewer line and a gas line when boring under a Texas FM road? My boring sub doesn't know right off hand.
Hi Don- what type of line are you installing that crosses the sewer/gas? If water, i think those clearances are more than regular separation. I'll have to look at the tceq requirements. Has your sub looked at the Txdot UAR? Where are you guys working? thanks
Harker Heights Water line, 3" inside an 8" casing. We'll be crossing it, not running parallell. Plans show 8" separation, but these plans have been wrong 85% of the time. Engineer has been asked not to come back on property. I can look in TCEQ regs, just looking for quick answer. I've never done road bore before, my sub has done a bunch but want us to be 100% right. I want to do my homework, this is the worst job I've ever been on. City inspector only had smart *** comments when questioned.
trying to remember.... Hey Don Seems like tceq used to require 5' horizontal (for parallel) and min 2' vertical (clear) separation betw. water and sewer. That said, i think the casing gives you an exception (i think). However, i don't know if i've seen any crossings where less than 1' min. clear separation was "approved". I assume that the existing line(s) will be potholed to verify true elev since the current plans don't have a very reliable history?
The rules around here and they are the same as most states. The basic rule, is 10 feet of horizontal separation and minimum of 18" vertical separation whether running pipe parallel or crossing. And water is always above sewer or other non potable water. Also when crossing sewer the middle of water pipe has to be above sewer, so that the joints are as far as they can be from sewer pipe. Was reading our State DOH manual for this and found some info for Texas in a comparison chart.
tceq Hi Don- check out the tceq website, section 217 of the rules, subchapter C
Yeah, it's in Section 290.44(e) on the public water side,found it earlier today. Thanks for the info, I'll need that in the future too.