Hi , Has anyone used one of these before www.roadwidenerllc.com/home ?. Looking at either buying one or making one . Mainly just for spreading gravel into the shoulders quickly / efficiently . If anyone has made something similar I would love to see some pic's or I am open to suggestions . Cheers Jim
Yair . . . rockman. Buggered if I know mate. It looks like a lot of bickies and just a complicated development of the side tipping buckets that came out on the Scoopmobiles forty years back . . . I suppose though if you have the application? Cheers.
Wouldn't mind getting the drawings for it, handier than a small pot that...............................
Interesting, I haven't seen one for a skid steer. With all the highway work going on in my area, that attachment could open a few doors.
Wideners are a very useful machine, whether self powered, or hooked to a power unit, we use them extensively as we build miles of new road. From placing under drain stone, to gravel for shoulder sub grade, to black top.
My late neighbor had a large paving company at one time and he had 5 of the old tracked spreader boxes that had a small gas motor to run an auger to the side. It could be set spred full width or in sections or like a widener. In the 80s when he he retired he sold several to the counties for doing driveways and road patches. 3 years ago the county sold all of them and a contractor over in Alabama bought 2 of them. THat winter when things were slow I helped make them more modern. These were made to chain to the truck that was dumping at the time and all the slide outs for the wings and gates were manual with a screw. We made them hydraulic and put a hydraulic motor on the auger instead of the gas motor and transmission. . We also put in a long nose and a skid steer plate. I helped do a shoulder with it and it works good. If i run across it again I will take some pictures.
Hello, We are a paving company located in the same area that the road widener attachment is made. The work extremely well for our compnay and have replaced our full size blaw knox machines. I know the owners of the company have worked on this for many years and have perfected it to make it as quick and simple as possible. They do have patent's on it so as far as making them, there is not another company out there that is making them. If you call the company, they will give you lists of the closest customers to you and you could call them for reference information. Cheers Devin
Still looking at this attachment ... lots of dollars for a maybe on the work side of things . Still trying to work out whether to try and make something similar over here ( Aus ) . Anyone else have any idea's ?. Cheers
I know this is an old thread, but what do these attachments cost? Any more feedback on it?
If you're looking for something less complicated and less expensive, you might want to look at these. http://www.roadrunnerblade.com/MTSeriesVideos.html I got to demo one when I needed to place gravel 3' wide between asphalt and a fence. It worked pretty slick.
Look like a great bit of gear I could use that
I think in the right application they could be a great money earner , miniumal wear parts ,not hard work on the machine , and the ability to be able to move / relocate easy would get you work . I have been looking at them for a while now , just hard to finance when the attachment is in a different country to me ..lol Cheers
Recently I have watched a county road crew add chert (a gravely bank dug material) to the sides of a heavily traveled road that was washed out at the edges. They have a 140G and a street sweeper to do this. An attachment such as this would eliminate the sweeper and be much, much cheaper than a motor grader. I like the concept, it could be a money maker in the right situation.
I have a takeuchi tl250 , a simex 600 & 1000mm profiler / stabilizer , a simex asphalt float and a couple of different styles of broom attachments including a 4-1 broom , for my business . Most of my work comes from the local councils doing small road repairs and maintance style works . To add this to my business would be a plus .
hi rockman are you still looking for a road widener i am selling mine if you are interested cheers tim
pm sent .. keen to talk cheers
We have rented one of these machines a few times and they work really well, just wish they would go a little wider.