Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Will I have enough pressure to run the Auger hooking into the thumb fittings?

Danny Steel ยท 2012-06-12 12:26

When I made the thumb for my KX-71 I had the Kubota boys adjust the pressure for the thumb. Now I'm planing to use my auger that I currently use on my skid steer work on my Mini- X as well. The big question......will I have enough pressure to use a 24" auger? I don't know what they set the pressure at:beatsme......but they gave me more on the bucket and the stick at the same time

Replies4
  1. #1Haddy2012-06-12 16:29

    I would have thought you will be right . Might be a little slower

  2. #2CM19952012-06-12 19:46

    I have a Bobcat 334 with hyd thumb that I use an auger on from time to time. The auger runs off the thumbs hyd's, I have to disconnect the thumb and hook up the auger. I haven't had a problem with pressure or flow but the biggest auger I ran on it was a 12".

  3. #3Hendrik2012-06-12 19:51

    I am no expert but I believe that they not so much alter the pressure but rather adjust the relief valve to be at ~70% of the bucket relief valve. My KX41-3v can run a 24" auger but does not have the same power as the dingo, the 41 has 17hp and the dingo has 25hp. Most times I will drill a pilot hole with a smaller auger before using the 24". Your 71 should play with a 24" but may well stop when encountering a rock or large root, as it should.

  4. #4Danny Steel2012-10-03 14:15

    I forgot about the relief valve. I think your right, and I'm about to find out soon. Thanks