Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Roadside clearing

ddigger ยท 2009-09-19 19:07

We just wraped up a nice little project. Clearing for line of site and hazard trees, very close quaters with live traffic and utility lines to deal with. Funded by the feds. I hope everything loaded ok, I`m better at running my excavator than this computer!

Replies9
  1. #1ddigger2009-09-19 19:24

    lets try this attachment again YouTube - HPIM1953

  2. #2powerjoke2009-09-19 19:36

    I am surprised they let you do that with a track hoe instead of a wheel machine. i would like to have a progressive link thumb on my lil machine instead of the stiff link I got. Good job. Pj

  3. #3rino14942009-09-21 06:34

    Are you grinding the stumps down ?? Last winter here, a 16yr old girl was killed when she crashed into a stump that was left in the ground. She was found with her cell phone in hand in the middle of a text.

  4. #4special tool2009-09-21 18:10

    Just took out some rock today to prevent that kind of thing. 6 inches from the edge of the asphalt - soft piece of ledge.

  5. #5ddigger2009-09-21 22:36

    We sure do. Before we move to the next location or group of trees, the grinder does his part!

  6. #6willie592009-09-21 22:45

    Those are some great pics ddigger. Hard to tell by the pic, but that looks like a Mimosa tree your taking down.

  7. #7ddigger2009-09-22 11:31

    Thanks for that, but the tree we are taking is the tall pine the climber was working on, I was just tucked under that tree waiting my turn. I`ve got other pics just didnt want to bore anyone!

  8. #8willie592009-09-22 19:50

    LoL, yeah, I was talking about the tree that I now know you were tucked under waiting your turn. Looks similar to a tree that grows in this part of the country. I must say, those are some very large pine trees near power lines that you guys are taking down. Around these parts, they wouldn't allow a pine that size to be near lines, it would have been on the back of a pulpwood truck long time ago. Must be a California thing.

  9. #9D5G2009-09-22 20:21

    Great video! Looks like an interesting job. Did they have to close the road every time the brought down a tree?