I am interested in some info on the Roadtec fb-85. How well does it operate, etc? Also is the mb-85 available? Any info would be great. Thanks
We have two of them, both getting close to 500hrs on them now. Overall good machines, other than the overloaded electrical system. But factory update kit solves those problems. Ease of changing cores & visibility is the best features IMO. From what I've heard from Roadtec tech's, there's a few mb-85's out there but don't think there in full production yet.
Roadtec Thanks for the reply, hope to see more of them in the future. Seems like the Broce brooms are always being worked on. The parts and service roadtec provides will be nice.
The FB-85 has been out a couple years now and I hear that the MB-85 is going into full production Jan 1, 2013. I think they have the electrical stuff worked out on the FB-85. Most of what I have heard is pretty good. I saw in a magazine last week that Rosco/ Blawknox has put out a new broom called the FB-90. It looks like a Challenger, I think, with a new name on it. The Pros and Cons I have heard is that it takes a couple days for an operator to get use to the bells and whistles. The Broom head opens, closes, and side shifts. Operators can change brooms in just a few minutes without having to get a mechanics help. There are no issues with the axles. The Brakes are sealed and the ring gears aren't breaking. It has an adjustable float system. The Down pressure can be adjusted from inside the cab. Some people like this because they can clean the asphalt in "one" pass. Other supers have told me that the operators just wear the cores out to fast if you give them control of the down pressure. And you right millinman......everybody knows Roadtec Service.