Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rock crushing sites?

sandnsnow ยท 2009-12-08 23:21

Does anyone know of rock crushing or screening sites? I am going to start screening and later crushing our own rock. (trying to cut costs). Also I think we could use a forum on here, there seems to be alot of knowledge in this area.

Replies2
  1. #1cummins052009-12-09 21:47

    I remember the whole its guna cut costs speech from my old man then it snow balled into millions of dollars of ellruss crushing gear and my dreaded full time job lol I Agree i would like to see a Gravel crushing screening section

  2. #2Blue Collar2009-12-10 19:58

    I remember when i ran a crusher, its a great way to keep everything in-house and even sub yourself out to other companies, but you have to have good equipment to go do the job fast and get on to the next one or you wont make or save money. Down time is very expensive with a crushing operation. The only advice i would give is dont cheap out on the initial purchases and dont cut cost on up keep. The most important thing of course is to have the right people run it, maximum output equals maximum profit