Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rock Guards

LT-x7 ยท 2013-12-13 21:26

Where is a good place to pickup a set of rock guards for my D5M? I haven't been able to find anything online. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Randy882013-12-14 08:24

    If you can't find anything, I ended up having a machine shop make mine for one of my crawler loaders I had, it ended up being cheaper and I got them right away...........or in a few days anyhow, to order them it was months before I could get them and nothing used was available anywhere. Just a suggestion

  2. #2LT-x72013-12-14 14:37

    Thanks Randy, If I cant find anything I will probably end up building them myself or having a local shop build them like you suggest. I just thought if I could find someone cranking them out it would be cheaper and possibly nicer.

  3. #3LT-x72014-02-23 14:03

    Still looking for a set of rock guards! Or looking for a way to avoid the dealers crazy prices. Any help is appreciated. Even a lead on a good scrap yard for me to give a call. Or if you have a D5M that has rock guards on it and you don't really need them hit me up and we'll work something out. Building a set myself or having a set made doesn't seem like a good option. I'm trying to get this cat ready to contract with Cal fire to work on wildfires this summer. They require full-length rock guards and don't except home made pieces.