Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat dozer jifsaw puzzle

dozeron ยท 2013-12-14 01:12

Hi all, First time on the board although I have been following it for many years. A little about myself, a Kiwi born and raised in New Zealand and growing up in the 1950's to 1980's, the best time for earthmoving and construction equipment. A time when machinery had no bl**dy plastic or electronics and it was almost bullet proof. Moved to Australia in late 1990's and am now semi retired and living and (still) travelling round Aussie. It's so hard to get coverage in so many areas of Aus that it wasn't worth joining up previously. Some of you may know me by my user name (dozeron) when I sold off a number of models, brochures and related material on heavy equipment. About 5 years ago my wife and I sold up and bought an American 5th wheeler and Toyota Landcruiser and shot through to see the country and a big hunka dirt it is. Main interests is machinery of the 1940's to 1970's and wire rope controlled. I have a large number of photos that I will gradually put up as time allows. I have a question that maybe someone out there can assist with. Many years ago I saw a Caterpillar jigsaw puzzle that I think featured a couple of D8's, maybe 2U's pulling towed scrapers, maybe Cat 80's. Is it still available and at what cost? Thanks for your time and until later, Bestr regards, Ron Nash, (dozeron).

Replies1
  1. #1overworked2013-12-14 12:30

    Welcome to the forum, i think we are all waiting to see your pics, i have never seen the puzzle you described, but please let us know if you do find it ,