Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rock Job In Alaska

Tvan ยท 2011-11-17 18:56

Some 70 ton Side Dumps working with 773 haulers Richardson hwy, Alaska

Replies14
  1. #1Tvan2011-11-17 19:01

    Have lots of pictures just can't attach, Help needed!

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2011-11-19 14:43

    I will give it a bump hoping you get some help. Sounds great.

  3. #3mitch5042011-11-19 15:58

    Read this, cause I want to see those pics too.

  4. #4Tvan2011-11-21 16:15

    1.5 million yds of shot rock, using 70 ton Side Dumps, and some 740 artics, 773 Cat Haulers, 2 D10Rs, 385 Excavator, 988G, 2 ea D8Ts, 16G 2 683 Cat Rollers w/ elliot grids

  5. #5JDOFMEMI2011-11-21 16:27

    I like those split tub side dumps. I have never seen them before, but I bet they are more stable dumping, with only half at a time hanging over the side. I bet they tip over less than the normal ones. Downside is the lightweight looks to be a bit more, so they can haul less, at least in places where weight matters.

  6. #6Tvan2011-11-21 16:33

    Hauled a million yds never had 1 even close tip over, they are strictly off road trucks 10' wide

  7. #7Tvan2011-11-21 16:49

    More Alaska Rock Pictures More Rock Picts

  8. #8Tvan2011-11-21 17:26

    Alaska Rock Job More pictures, proably getting tired of these.

  9. #9mitch5042011-11-21 20:15

    not tired of the pics What is the ultimate goal of this job?

  10. #10Tvan2011-11-22 14:41

    10 miles of Major upgrade of main road from Valdez to Fairbanks, Got 98% of Rock moved still have to put Crushed down and Pave next season, shut project down middle of Oct, will start back up 1st of May

  11. #11Scout_19692011-11-22 16:01

    Do the side dumps keep moving while dumping?

  12. #12Tvan2011-11-23 20:06

    Not with the Shot Rock, but we hauled 50,000 ton of 3 inch minus and yeilded it out for the Blade and they dumped on the fly at a real slow pace, the better drivers would even up the windrows and skips, worked pretty well, Not as good as Bellys for yielding, but bellys were a couple of hundred miles away, @ a couple grand for each truck to mobe in, will use all Bellys for the crushed and asphalt next season.

  13. #13Demo man2011-11-25 00:35

    cool pics. neat to see the work your doing.

  14. #14Tvan2011-11-25 14:07

    More Alaska Rock Pictures I'll go in to the Mud Pictures next, either Mud or Rock