580 ck brakes missing and boy are they high drum spings balls not there bands missind to any body got any used parts also any advice on removeing carrier any info will be great on any thing you guys know !
Where are you getting prices on the parts? There are several places online to get the parts. To find part numbers and see drawings this is the best link I have found. http://www.eldridgesupply.com/new-parts.htm From the home page select "Construction Parts" This takes you to some Case parts. Type in your 580CK and it will give you a list of part diagrams. If you can find the right one, the complete parts list will show. There will be a page for Brakes. After you identify the part numbers you need, you will need to search for these numbers. Some are on E-Bay. Colemanequipment in Kansas online is a big one. Most Case parts are all high, but I do know the brake pads are available in aftermarket much less $.
Also look at this link. I was offered some good advice here. And one of the posts offered info on serial numbers to derermine if the unit has wet or dry brakes. This site is FILLED with good help if you can find the right posts. So far the search feature does not work so well for me, If I type in 580SE brakes, I get a load of stuff unrelated.
It sounds as if you and I are in similar situation. I recently purchased a 580c without brakes. The guy I purchased the unit from suggested that the brakes "probably only needed adjustment". Upon opening the housings I found missing drums on both sides. The bands were in place but there were little/no linings. The right side brake had some housing and plate damage. I'm in the process of replacing the oil seals and repairing both sides of the brakes. You can find the brake drum, bands, and linings in an assembly. The part number for a 580C (and some other models) is: 249022A3 which replaces assembly part number A155474. The same assembly is used on both sides. You can find the aftermarket part through some dealers and on e-bay. The e-bay price for the aftermarket part is running around $220-$240. From what I understand, from reading previous related posts on this forum, the aftermarket parts do a good job.
yes i have seen many assemblys around that price range are u going to remove carriers to replace seals or try to do it with them in tractor houseing they were tough to remove ?
Well I don't move very fast, especially when it is cold and wet. I debated on how to replace the seals and read where they could be removed/replaced without removing the bearing carrier. I got three screws into the RH seal face but have not tried to exert any pressure on them yet. I should be able to get back to work on it within the next couple of days. It'll just depend on Thanksgiving family demands. I'll let you know how it turns out. It seems like there is enough room and space to work, so hopefully it'll go fine. If not, I may not replace the LH seal, especially since it does not appear to have leaked. How did you find the brake housing and carrier drum faces? Did yours have any grooves?
brake groves no mine did not have groves but both seal were leaking i ended up removeing both carriers drove wood chisel behind flange once at top then stopped and sprayed down several times with penatrateing oil then left them alone till the next day then used a long bar at an angle to hit top inside flange of carrier this involved my son and 8# sledge but it moved every blow thee penatrateing oil and over night soak was the key
Thanks for the update. The screws in the seal face did not work. I succeeded in pulling the screws out without moving the seal. I tried to do this with the wheel in place. After the unsuccessful attempt, I raised the tractor and removed the wheel. This thing will come out. I have to work outside, so now I'm waiting on better weather. I found the gear oil to be "milky" so it needed to be changed anyway. Did your shims survive the carrier removal?
10sec no shims didnot survive ill have to get or make sone new ones if you decide to pull carriers drive wood chisel behinnd them get just enough gap to really soak them with penatrateing oil and leave them alone till the next day i took top off so i could drive from in side out and yes my oil was milkey to. if i can help hollar.