Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rocker switch

jwest75801 ยท 2017-06-03 14:17

i have a question and I'm open to any input! I have a cat 420d. I was wondering if I could install a rocker switch for a hydraulic thumb? I am not sure but I am under the impression that most of the machines are the same just some have more options added to them. What I mean is like the rocker switch I would think there should be a plug for it to plug into and function. I would also think there should be a port to connect hydraulic lines to operate a thumb. Is this possible or is it just wishful thinking on my part? Thanks for any help Serial #fdp07881

Replies1
  1. #1hvy 1ton2017-06-03 17:21

    Unlikely your backhoe has an unused valve and if it did i doubt it would be electric. Could put an electric diverter valve on one of the other circuits and run that with a rocker. Better way would be add in a electric valve somewhere or get an aux valve from cat or a salvage place.