Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rollers leeking oil on ’05 cat 305cr

hrc200x ยท 2011-09-18 11:34

Went out to machine a couple days ago and seen a few drops of oil on the tracks. I didn't think these even had oil in them, but apparently they must. maybe 5 or 6 of the 10 rollers on both sides were leeking. Machine had been sitting for 3 days. It was after a somwhat cold night (there was frost). Could it be that the metal shrunk that much causing some minor seepage? Are these sealed from the factory or can a person keep topping them off? If so what type of fluid? Rebuildable?

Replies2
  1. #1yanmarman2011-09-20 20:41

    Thats to bad.Thers a small plug that you take out to refill with 90 weight,start looking for new rollers. some are rebuiltable good luck

  2. #2hrc200x2011-09-21 21:27

    Used machine Sunday after it had sat 3 days and everything was dry, no drips. I'm thinking it was somthing to do with cold temps. I had a liquid cooled snowmobile that would leek coolant when it sat for a few days but only when temps get down around -20 F, temps in the teens to 20s no puddles. I'll top the rollers off and keep an eye on them. Thanks.