Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some vids

Someotherguy ยท 2011-09-17 00:06

Here are vids of some of the work I do. Jason [video]http://youtu.be/D-f9RD5kRMA[/video]

Replies15
  1. #1smokey12011-09-17 01:06

    Jason, If you wan't to stay around for a while, it might be a good idea to move the tractor and put a steel matt on top of the blow area . Be careful !!

  2. #2Someotherguy2011-09-17 12:30

    Hi Smokey. What I do isnt blasting. Its a controlld deflagration. The amount of fly rock is very controllable, hence a few pieces of wood are all thats necessary. Its a cool system. I can dial it way up if I want to though. lol

  3. #3Jlillie22011-09-21 15:25

    Thats pretty interesting work, so its not an explosive charge then eh?

  4. #4cps2011-09-21 17:00

    Yea Tell Us more please jason?

  5. #5Someotherguy2011-09-21 22:26

    Hi Jlilli and cps. Ok, it is and is not an explosive charge. Scientifically speaking its the process of deflagration. (a very rapid burning) The "charge" is nothing more than a "blank round". It is a capsule that contains a small amount of smokeless powder, and is caped by a primer. It is set off pneumatically from a safe distance. It is classified as a low explosive. (1.4s) The cartridges that you fire from a gun are grouped in the same catagory, but have less restrictive shipping standards. There is currently no federal licensure requirements, but states may vary. I know mass requires a blasting licence for this, even though the b.a.t.f. says this is not blasting. But then again, you need a licence/permit to own a bb gun there. This process is so controlable that I can use it in a basement or even a crawl space with no problems. Ill be posting more vids in a few weeks. Thanks for the questions! Jason http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflagration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosive_material

  6. #6Someotherguy2011-10-13 23:05

    New vids posted!

  7. #7Jlillie22011-10-25 15:31

    Pretty neat work Jason, is this a sideline, or your primary employment?

  8. #8Someotherguy2011-10-25 19:15

    Hi Jlillie. This is my side line. I'm a GC for my regular job. In time I hope to make this this the primary biz. Its just more fun. Jason

  9. #9Jlillie22011-10-25 19:35

    It looks like more fun! I would imagine it could be fairly lucrative as well. It isn't cheap to get big rocks turned into little ones, especially that close to structures.

  10. #109000feet2011-10-28 01:02

    Jason Is an explosive license needed? if not how do I get the equipment and materials?

  11. #11Someotherguy2011-12-19 23:19

    No explosive license needed, except for mass. This system does not use explosives. Send me a pm.

  12. #12Tinkerer2011-12-20 08:17
  13. #13TCM2011-12-20 15:33

    That's slick. My friend does drilling and blasting and it's always an issue around structures.

  14. #14Someotherguy2011-12-20 19:44

    http://www.youtube.com/user/MaineLedgeandStone More vids uploaded!

  15. #15Someotherguy2011-12-20 19:47

    Hi Tinker. It can be used on concrete floors and walls. Its slower than stone though, because there are no natural fracture lines in it. Jason