Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RonG Has Passed

dsgsr · 2016-07-29 08:42

It is with a heavy Heart That I Tell you all that My Brother (RonG) passed away yesterday morning. I know he very much enjoyed this site as he was a Heavy Equipment operator his entire adult life. I think we will all miss his many Pictures Of his Army Days. David

Replies69
  1. #1Nige2016-07-29 08:46

    Sincere condolences for your loss David. Someone was asking after Ron a couple of days ago because he had not posted for a while.

  2. #2kshansen2016-07-29 09:08

    I'll second that! So sorry to hear about his passing. One of the good guys. He will be missed immensely on the forum.

  3. #3norite2016-07-29 09:33

    Sorry to hear this David, let me express my sincerest condolences to you and your family. Ron will be missed here.

  4. #4Twisted2016-07-29 09:33

    My condolences to his family.

  5. #5RBMcCloskey2016-07-29 09:34

    May he rest in peace, my sincere condolences for your loss David.

  6. #6seatwarmer2016-07-29 09:40

    My condolences to the family and friends, may he rest in peace.

  7. #7Scrub Puller2016-07-29 11:12

    Yair . . . . Condolences from Down Under, his posts were read right around the world and will be missed. Scrub Puller.

  8. #8dist32016-07-29 13:22

    Very sorry to hear this, Condolences.

  9. #9lantraxco2016-07-29 13:42

    Somewhere in heaven they're pushing dirt to make room for more mansions... hope to see you soon Ron.

  10. #10farmerlund2016-07-29 13:43

    Sorry to hear of Rong passing. He will be missed.

  11. #11John C.2016-07-29 16:50

    Sad to hear and my condolences to all his family and friends. I'll miss his posts.

  12. #12Truck Shop2016-07-29 17:09

    All I can say is RonG is a Great Guy. Always will be. Truck Shop

  13. #13dsgsr2016-07-29 18:29

    Thank you ALL for the heart felt condolences. Heavy Equipment was his life, I have small equipment and this passed summer his was trying to get home (he lived in Conn. and was from Maine) to play with my toys. He wasn't able because of the Cancer. I'll be spreading some of his Ashes on my Backhoe. David

  14. #14CM19952016-07-29 19:02

    David, sincere condolences for you and your families loss. Ron was a well respected member here and I as well as many more enjoyed his posts and his pictures. He will be missed but not forgotten.

  15. #15willie592016-07-29 19:09

    Sad news indeed, I've had a number of conversations with RonG, always a gentleman. Thankfully he left a legacy here at HEF. Fair winds brother.

  16. #16Deere500a2016-07-29 20:29

    He had some great story's and so much more to share. RIP

  17. #17td25c2016-07-29 20:45

    :salute:usa

  18. #18walkerv2016-07-29 20:51

    Rest in Peace RonG . My condolences to your family

  19. #19Cmark2016-07-29 20:52

    Condolences to Ron's family and friends.

  20. #20BlazinSS9342016-07-29 22:01

    God speed brother. May the haul roads be smooth and the AC cold up there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21RZucker2016-07-29 22:17

    My best to the family, Ron was one of the big guys here. He is going to be missed.

  22. #22Willie B2016-07-29 22:26

    I'm pretty new here, but his is already a familiar name. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Willie B

  23. #23Bumpsteer2016-07-29 22:39

    Godspeed RonG.......another taken to soon. Ed

  24. #24Blk prince2016-07-30 01:05

    Condolences from BC Canada

  25. #25LDK2016-07-30 01:13

    Very sorry to hear this news, condolences.

  26. #26JBGASH2016-07-30 01:19

    RIP RonG, condolences to the family.

  27. #27Steve Frazier2016-07-30 02:07

    Ron was an outstanding member here. Throughout his illness he posted all his memories to make sure they were here to be shared. He will be missed sorely by many, his legacy will live on here at HEF. I urge everyone to seek out his posts, there's a wealth of information and history there. Rest in Peace Ron, I wish your family the best through this tough time.

  28. #28Truck Shop2016-07-30 07:38

    Thank You Steve for dedicating this space for Ronald Gordon. Truck Shop

  29. #29repowerguy2016-07-30 08:45

    Another library gone, my condolences to the family.

  30. #30seatwarmer2016-07-30 08:52

    Well said

  31. #31fixou8122016-07-30 09:04

    " The children of God are Stronger than the children of Light" Rest in Him' Brother Ron

  32. #32old-iron-habit2016-07-30 10:11

    I had a few conversations with Ron on various old machines that we both had acquaintances with in a earlier part of our lifes. A respectful and knowledgeable man whom was always willing to share. He will be sadly missed. God speed Ron.

  33. #33digger242j2016-07-30 10:18

    My condolences to Ron's family. He will be sorely missed here...

  34. #34Shimmy12016-07-30 10:26

    Couldn't have said it better. Condolences to the family. Rest in peace, Ron.

  35. #35lumberjack2016-07-30 10:38

    Condolences, he will be missed!

  36. #36Dickjr.2016-07-30 11:41

    May perpetual light shine upon him........

  37. #37joispoi2016-07-30 13:12

    Sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

  38. #38tctractors2016-07-30 16:14

    Real sad news to hear about Ron, always a great poster and keen to help all he could, also a "Charter Member" here on this Forum, lucky for me he always loved my postings and told me he would re-read them 3 or 4 times to understand them, then he would laugh about them to himself as he went about his day, it has been a great time to have been involved even if so slightly through this Forum with Ron, but I know I made him Smile and that is my comfort. tctractors

  39. #39nowing752016-07-30 19:44

    Will miss his posts. So sad we lost another great member.

  40. #40clintm2016-07-30 20:19

    sorry to hear. just another reason to post/share knowledge and experience with others so it can be carried on and help others especially the younger generation

  41. #41mitch5042016-07-30 21:45

    Oh man, I hate this for you and your family, and for all of us here at HEF.

  42. #42JPV2016-07-30 22:54

    My condolences, I love hearing stories and seeing pictures of how they used to do it. He was awesome at sharing both and the fact that his experiences can always be found here to enjoy is really cool. He will be missed.

  43. #43Williams Marine2016-07-31 00:48

    May he rest in peace, with the sound of Diesel engines warming up in the background. Always had kind and positive words on this forum, you will be missed.

  44. #44stock2016-07-31 04:28

    "Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis." loosely translated from Gaelic means the soul of the faithful be at the right of the lord. It was with great sense of loss I learned of Ron's passing, though I never met or spoke to the man his post here were mandatory reading, He has left a legacy here for operators of the future. Again my sincerest condolences to Ron's family. Stock

  45. #45ianoz2016-07-31 08:30

    David ,My condolences to Rons Family and friends . He made a great contribution to the forum and will be missed by us all .

  46. #46ol'stonebreaker2016-07-31 09:39

    Sorry to hear!! He'll make a good hand upstairs moving dirt for any project they have. Mike

  47. #47Old Doug2016-07-31 11:44

    He will be greatly missed. Thanks Ron for the stories and pictures.

  48. #48ETER2016-07-31 13:10

    David, I am sorry for you and your family's loss...Though new to the HEF, I too have enjoyed Ron's words. It seems that roughly one in three of us will end up with the disease of cancer at some point, and surely for those that are visitors of this forum and are now in this fight personally, please don't stop. I realize that the disease does not discriminate, but for some reason it seems that it's always taking the good ones. Warmest Regards, Bob

  49. #49ih1002016-07-31 13:25

    I remember Ron's kind words when my father died over six years ago. In return, to his family and friends, sorry for your loss.

  50. #50Landclearer2016-07-31 15:04

    Sorry for your loss, Ron will be missed.

  51. #51Lashlander2016-07-31 15:48

    Very sorry to her this. Although I never met him in person I thought of him as a friend. I will miss him.

  52. #52Buckethead2016-07-31 17:07

    I miss Ron already. He was a good man!

  53. #53spitzair2016-07-31 22:28

    My Sincere condolences as well. He will be missed!

  54. #54Trashman2016-08-01 10:42

    Until we meet again Ron!

  55. #55DB22016-08-01 17:01

    Thoughts and prayers to his family

  56. #56elric2016-08-02 00:19

    Sad to hear, prayers for his family.

  57. #57JNB2016-08-03 11:55

    Well that's sad news. Prayers for Ron's family and friends from Texas.

  58. #58Randy882016-08-07 22:20

    Sorry to hear this, my sincere condolences for the family and thank you for letting us know.

  59. #59bindian2016-08-19 19:09

    Oh WOW. I was thinking I just read some of his posts. Then I remembered I am on page 280 of the excavators forum........posted way back in 2008. I'm pretty new here, but have came across a few of Ron's posts. I will search out his posts and threads to read for sure. Prayers and Condolences for his family and friends. hugs, Brandi

  60. #60ACcrazy2016-08-20 09:12

    I'm so sorry to hear this! I loved reading Rons posts. Always came across as a good man. Although I never met him and only know of him through his posts here, his passing has hit me hard. Rest in peace, RonG. My thoughts and heartfelt prayers to his family. God bless. Bruce

  61. #61Metalman 552016-08-21 20:20

    Just read this now about Ron G. for the first.......Always enjoyed reading his posts, seasoned with a certain gentleness about them. We will miss him...........

  62. #62JDOFMEMI2016-08-22 22:02

    I'm sorry to hear of his passing. RonG was one of the names I would look for to read if he posted, as he was one that passed on good experience for the rest of us to learn from. May he rest in peace.

  63. #63Graderfan19812016-08-23 16:42

    I'm shocked to read this. I have seen some posting from him in motorgrader section. My condolence to his family - RIP RonG

  64. #64curb guy2016-09-23 20:09

    As many have stated already, I really enjoyed his posts. Kinda funny how you can feel like you know somebody that you have never actually met. I felt like I knew him and, will miss him. Condolences to his family.

  65. #65zhkent2016-10-16 20:21

    My condolences to Ron's friends and Family.

  66. #66stretch2016-10-23 14:53

    Wow, I log in for the first time in a few months and this is the first thing I see. When I joined Ron was one of the first to give me a welcome. Haven't been on here much the last few years but come to find out he used to work for a mutual friend some years ago, so we emailed back and forth and I got them in touch again. I was hoping to get them together to shoot the breeze and have a coffee together but I guess that will have to wait til we're at the sandpit in the sky. Thanks for the knowledge and all else, Ron! You will be missed!

  67. #67kthompson2016-10-25 08:24

    Well I had not logged on in a while as stretch and sorry to hear of his passing. It is a journey we each much take and we each have the opportunity to prepare for it. It sure sounds like he was a very fine gentleman and to his family sorry for the void left but remember we miss as we loved and were loved. Praying for his family. You will touch the oddest things that will bring the tears back and yet should also bring the joy. May God Bless you.

  68. #68tctractors2023-07-22 15:22

    Remembering Ron as always, a chap I enjoyed so much fun with on this Forum, miss him dearly.

  69. #69Mcrafty12023-07-30 06:22

    Very sorry to hear of Ron's passing, It's never an easy thing to lose a family member or friend....may Ron rest in peace, my condolences to those left behind.