Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rookie question about renting attachments

Jeepwalker ยท 2015-08-06 18:39

I don't rent much equipment so, sorry if this sounds like a rookie question, but I thought I would ask it anyway: When renting various attachments which use hydraulics, like an auger, for example, what potential issues (if any), am I opening my machine up to in terms of different fluids, additives types and any crap which may be in the lines from previous renters' machines? Is this really an issue, and if so, do you have any tips or advice? My machine is an 1845C. Thanks,

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882015-08-06 19:01

    the biggest culprit i've seen is with older breakers. when they start to come apart internally, all that debris ends up in your control valve. leads to stuck aux solenoids... :drinkup

  2. #2Jonas3022015-08-06 19:27

    I have always wondered that too you could always run some fluid out the return side to be safe

  3. #3Todd v.2015-08-06 20:46

    It's a good question, I am always leary as well but I have never heard of someone having an issue. I try not to rent equipment much, mainly because it's an hour drive each way but the fluid thing was always a thought also.