Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rookie question about TK

GFMotorsports ยท 2013-01-05 23:24

So what is the allowable operating grade that my tb135 can operate at? Meaning if its crazy steel what are the machine limitations before I tip this beast.

Replies5
  1. #1joispoi2013-01-06 03:55

    There's no "rule of thumb" for what angle you can operate an excavator at. The center of gravity is constantly changing with every movement of the bucket. An operator error can put a machine on its side on solid level ground.

  2. #2GFMotorsports2013-01-06 09:00

    I guess my main concern are the fluids not level and running the pumps dry if that's possible. I know if that oil pickup sucks air I'm in trouble.

  3. #3GFMotorsports2013-01-06 09:03

    My boss wants me to pretty much operate it on a 45 degree angle and I'm not thrilled cause I just Bought the machine and really don't wanna mess up a pump or engine.

  4. #4xcmark2013-01-07 18:38

    have him come by the job and show you...... at 45* if you dont have the blade down hill and burried all the way down I dont see this being a good idea! I wouldnt worrie to much about the pump but the motor is a differnt story. most OEM i think say 30*

  5. #5GFMotorsports2013-01-07 18:53

    Yeh I think I'm going to try tier it off 1/3 of the way up. We shall see. Ill take pics for amusement purposes.