I have a JD 350 Straight dozer; 1967 model. Pretty sure the DBG injection pump needs a rebuild because of the governor damper ring/flex ring disintegrating. Symptoms - will run for a few minutes and then die; will start back up and run for a few more minutes if you let it sit for a minute or two. I'll confirm that's the problem this weekend. I'm capable of doing the job myself, but I have too many other projects stacked up in front of it and too many things apart right now. Anyone have any recommendations on a rebuilder? I'm more concerned with a quality rebuild and a reasonable turnaround than I am with cost. There's a guy on eBay who charges $750 or so and he has 100% feedback with over 900 transactions. I think he's out of WV. With feedback like that, he should be pretty good. Thanks, Scott
Contact @thepumpguysc .
Done. Thanks for the recommendation.
Mikes built several pumps for us and never a problem
FYI he's only just getting back up & running again after cataract surgery. This posted today. HeavyEquipmentForums
Thanks. I've been in touch with him. Scott
Check the return fitting in the top cap first. It's supposed to be a return check valve with a spring and glass ball in it to hold a small amount of pressure in the housing of the pump. If it gets plugged with debris or pieces of the retainer ring, when the pressure in the pump equalizes with the supply pressure the engine will die because fuel can't flow into the metering valve. If it's plugged take a small pin punch and remove everything in the fitting. I've found this to be the problem on a few and they ran just fine after cleaning out the return check fitting.
That's an option, but if it's plugged up, it's likely from the governor flex ring disintegrating, and that needs to be addressed or it will eventually cause more damage. Thanks for the input. Scott