My brother has 60 acres of hunting land that he wants to clean up. It has a lot of under brush and dead balsams. I figure we can saw the larger trees and pile them with a grapple and then mow everything less than 3". I own a Cat 247B that I purchased to build my lake cabin that I could easily haul to his place to help clear the trees. My question is, What would be the better attatchment to buy a flail cutter with hammer blades or a rotary cutter? I don't want to spend much over $2500. There's a company on Ebay that has Chinese made 3 point flail cutters for cheap (Value Leader brand). I spoke with them and they can sell me their "Heavy Duty" 60" model for $1400 shipped to my door. (minus the drive shaft and gear box). I would then have to add an attatchment plate and hydraulic drive motor. Or I will probably look for a good used rotary cutter. Is my Cat going to have any luck running either of the above.
No replies yet.