Had to come up with a way to haul our new rowcrop rig. Could of used a combine trailer,but also wanted to carry a nurse tank and chemical totes. Ended up using an old oilfield flatbed. Stripped all the weight off it I could,then built the ramps just high enough for the final drives to clear the bed. The side ramps lift out for wheel access on the trailer. This setup allows for a one man operation,with enough product to stay out all day.
Nice setup
Wow thats nice for sure, good work!
Are you able to have the spray rig wheel spacing at 120" to load? We have a customer with a similar trailer that has to slide the wheels out on the sprayer to clear the center of the trailer.
Yes, with inches to spare. I'm trying to recall (built this last spring),but think this trailer was only 96"-98" wide. I know I even had enough room for rub rails down the sides,to steer the front wheels. There are also turn posts ahead of the ramps that will line the rear wheels up,even if they're 4" off line. The front wheels drop down and wedge into cradles, then 2-4" ratchet winch straps are used to suck the machine down. If I think of it I'll snap a few shots the next time I catch the rig off of it,to show more detail.
Ah, I do remember trimming some metal away above the trailer wheels for the final drives to clear. Replaced it with a stiff rubber flap to give as it slid on. The final drives just clear the tires,and draw down between the duals when the rig is sucked down.
How hard was it to get it DOT aproved?
How wide is widest point of the trailer. Do you have to buy an annual over width permit
What do you think of the new Spray Coupe sprayers? Had any problems with them? Is that a 2wd machine? That wouldn't work up here. HEHE. We are thinking about upgrading sprayers in a year or two. I have my heart set on a Miller Nitro 4240 with 100ft boom and 1200gal tank. Would like to hear your thoughts on the Spray Coupe. Our dealer is really pushing them hard. Warren
Very impressive set up :notworthy I'm not an agri person but this landed in the field the other day, I did wonder what to do with the pictures hope you dont mind. 3 minutes from stopping to spraying :notworthy Out the gate and gone.
Great example of getting the most out of the equipment.I try to set up my trucks & trailers for my best advantage.Some fertilizer companys in my area drive this type of sprayer to the field.I think its allot safer hauling it on a loboy.Good job Gadgetman.
I've seen a lot of that too. Can't get any acres done if your spending half your day running back and forth to the plant. It only takes a few mins. to load or unload it,much faster than roading more than a few miles. I know he's been getting 750-900 acres a day with this rig, not everyday of course. Yes, this one is 2wheel drive. I haven't ran a coupe for yrs,but we run them exclusively. No, they're not as plush and loaded with the bells and whistles of the deers or gators, but they do the work and they're lite enough to trailer with a nurse tank. We also like them for their mechanical drives. We run two smaller models pulled on trailers behind tandem axled 3200 gal. nurse trucks. Again all single operator setups. Can cover 50k-60k acres in just a few months with these three machines,and 3 operators. Our average sized field isn't that big etheir,lots of creek bottom,waterways,and terraces. Very lil trouble with them,but we do have good operators. Oh, this model coupe is under powered,but if I recall we went with a smaller powerplant option. I'd have to measure to be sure again,but think it ended up at 140". Not positive on the annual permit,not my department. Not very, we inspect all of our own trucks and trailers. Went clear thru this trailer,changed axles,brakes,pods,airlines,all new wiring and lights,etc. I have the tendency to over build things if I'm at all concerned about it's integrety, she's hell for stout.
I'll have to take a pic of it,but all the plumbing is on the ditch side. Choose to use a 10 hp gas powered pump,so we didn't need a wet kit on whatever truck is coupled to it. Have 2 sock filters inline,as well as an inductor. All the chemical can be inducted from the trailer as it's loading. No more carrying all thoose jugs and bags to the top of the sprayer. The 3" hose is long enough to load from behind,or across the ditch.
More pics,
Nice setup there. Looks like the rails or whatever you want to call them the sprayer tires lift up and out for tire maintenance. Is that correct?
Yup, the ramps and rub rails lift out (with no bolts to remove) for wheel access.