Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RT820 drum overhaul help

fungus_01 ยท 2023-08-14 23:59

Hi folks, I got 2 Wacker RT820's recently to hopefully get one going. The Lombardini engines cost an arm and a leg to work on, so I've converted one (with the worst engine) over to a Predator 670cc from Hobba Flate. There are still tasks to be done on the conversion; tonight I lit up the spools by touching bare wires together. Everything responded, but forward/reverse would only move the drums a couple degrees. They need to be overhauled. Does anyone have any information (manuals, videos, blog posts, conjecture) on the teardown, repair and reassembly of the drums/excitors? Thanks for any help!

Replies3
  1. #1fungus_012023-08-15 11:41

    By the way, the excitors spun up just fine. The issue appears to primarily be with the drives.

  2. #2fungus_012023-08-16 13:29

    Bueller? Bueller?

  3. #3fungus_012023-08-21 22:57

    Ok, does anyone know who I could talk to about getting some info? Wacker won't respond to messages and doesn't have a tech support line. Dealers seem to not have any info.