Currently working in a T190 and had traced the No power issue to the connection of the two wire harnesses one for power and dummy light and the key have play in them and the locking tab’s are not keeping them tight and locked. Not to hard of a fix. The question I have, Is the back housing of the electrical board to be sealed? I’ve watched videos of it being worked on and they just unscrewed it, released the tab-locks and removed it. Mine had a thin layer of black silicone around the outer housing. The board has a layer of clear silicone coating it completely. So I just wanted to ask if the silicone around the housing necessary? Thanks for any feedback Finn
Only if you want it to keep working awhile. . . Why do you need to open the board to replace the ignition key? Or am I reading something wrong.
Yes, you are. There is nothing wrong with the key switch. It was the connection that was faulty and not seating tight enough to make a full connection. I had to open the box to trace down where or what was not sending power to the key. Figuring I would see a short in the board when I opened it. When I seen it was fine and had continuity between the two connections from power to key power is when I finally figured out it was just a loose connections. Not sure where ya got that I was replacing the ignition key.