Hello everyone, Im looking for an operators manual for the Grove RT875C specifically. Does anyone know where I can find one of these for free... preferably in PDF? I did check Manitowocs website, looks like they only have the newer series stuff, (I think only RT770E and RT880E unless I don't know where to look) Does anyone know if these came in only single access controls or dual access controls? Anyone have any personal experience with this crane.... thoughts? Opinions? Appreciate the feedback, thanks folks!
You may find a manual online that would be for the military version of the crane, I buy my paper ones if I need one direct from grove. The pilot controls are optional as dual axis (4 way) or single axis (two way) controls, I think that's what you are asking about. If you really hated the one style I think you could change it. I personally prefer single axis, but only own two dual axis pilot machines. I've run both, I find it a little easier to match boom and winch smoothly with single axis. But not a big enough deal to spend the $ to swap. As far as the 875, are you looking at one of the military surplus machines? they are only short boom machines, which would be great if you are in a quarry or other simple heavy picking work, but they are useless in a rental application because they don't have enough boom. If its a standard (long boom) machine, they are like most grove's of the era, trapezoid boom (a heavy boom for its length), good solid basic machines, typically cummins powered. Pay attention to which PAT lmi it has, if its a DS350GW be aware no parts are available without updating if it goes out. That's a $8-10,000 plus deal, depending on how you fix/ upgrade it. If its a plain PAT system, then parts are available, just not for the GW versions.