Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber floor mat

Mike L · 2021-12-19 15:50

Is there any companies out there who make an aftermarket floor mat for my kenworth? $900 for a rubber mat in a day cab seems a little bit expensive.

Replies8
  1. #1crane operator2021-12-19 19:47

    https://www.raneystruckparts.com/kenworth-t270-t370-t300-minimizer-floor-mat/

  2. #2Truck Shop2021-12-19 19:58

    Are you looking to replace the complete floor mat?

  3. #3Mike L2021-12-20 04:53

    Yes I’m looking to replace the complete floor mat. Mine is stretched out, bunched up, and now I have a tear in it. Crane operator, I saw that online but it wouldn’t work because of the condition of mine. I found this at 4 states and think my cab is the same. Thoughts. https://www.4statetrucks.com/interi...erm=4576579725294856&utm_content=All Products

  4. #4Truck Shop2021-12-20 07:17

    Same basic.

  5. #5crane operator2021-12-20 07:24

    At $450 and a "maybe" fit right? Vs. $900 and it will for sure fit? I don't know - are the KW all the same basic cabs with just different hoods and frame?

  6. #6Truck Shop2021-12-20 07:30

    Or you can buy a roll of black floor mat and cut your own. Fairly easy.

  7. #71693TA2021-12-20 07:44

    That is usually what I do along with a section of 32oz sq. yd. weight "Jute" backing and vinyl top contact adhesive to glue them together. Thin "fan fold" styrofoam insulation makes for an easy pattern to cut from, as does silver foil bubble wrap insulation.

  8. #8RenoHuskerDu2021-12-20 20:09

    A friend works at a rock quarry. The generate a LOT of used heavy conveyor belt. If one part tears, apparently the whole chunk goes on the scrap pile. He brought us a good chunk, we pressure washed it, used a cardboard template in the cab to cut it, and now it's a nice heavy floor mat in my 1984 International S2500 dump truck. Really quieted down the tranny and road noise. FYI