Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber track pads

IceHole ยท 2025-03-09 14:20

Have a baby Hitachi... ZX40 that is steel tracked but has rubber pads that bolt between the grousers. Likely ill end up either breaking the studs or having to cut then. Any reason I should leave them? Machine is used in dirt and the traction isn't good.

Replies5
  1. #1Oxbow2025-03-09 15:30

    Unless you are worried about scratching asphalt or concrete I'd take them off if it were me.

  2. #2CM19952025-03-09 15:47

    X2

  3. #3IceHole2025-03-09 17:39

    Just in dirt at this point. If I had a paved yard I'd either put boards down or just deal with the scuffs.

  4. #4IceHole2025-03-21 23:42

    Removed. Came off fairly easy. Not sure if I'm going to chuck them or keep moving them in corners for the next probably 10 years.

  5. #5BC Placer gold2025-03-21 23:54

    Should have a lot better dirt traction now!