I bought a set of Titan tracks for my TL150. I don't use it very much, but within 80 hours one track broke in half. I set it aside while waiting for a response and put an old track on it to finish a job. Within another 10 hours, the other track broke just like the first one. What can cause this? The track are in good shape, just broke. Titan refuses to warranty them and I don't know what to replace them with. I contacted them for 3 months and they did not answer me until after the warranty had expired. I contacted the BBB and filed a complaint, which they never responded to.
I refuse to buy titan tires for the same reason!
did both tracks break on the same side or was it one side at 80 hours and the other side at 90 hours?
That's a bummer bpogue. I don't have any rubber tracked equipment ,still running the steel grouser brand over tire tracks www.grouser.com/tracks_bar.php I have heard life span on rubber tracks is around 800 hrs? Don't know ? My Grousers have over 4000 on them & still going although the bushings are pretty worn . Funny thing is these rubber tracks have been around awhile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kégresse_track M3 series half track used rubber tracks that had steel cable inside them to add strength & still be flexible www.fagenfighterswwiimuseum.org/vehicles/halftrack/halftrack.html Do the rubber tracks of today have cable or some other type of similar reinforcement inside them ? Kevlar?
I can't shed any light on your situation bpogue, but we have a 287C with just over 1600 hours on the origingal tracks. I am replacing them this winter with OEM because they are proven and not much more expensive than most aftermarket.
The first one broke. I then put a used track on and used it for a few hours until the 2nd one broke.
Rubber tracks have a series of steel cables that run through them, closely spaced. These are what are supposed to hold them together. When those cables start breaking, they will just break apart. My other tracks have lasted for around a thousand hours. I normally wear them out before they break, but not these tracks from Titan.
Note to self - don't buy Titan!
Yeah, The only experience I have had with rubber tracks is operating my buddys JD mini excavator & a few service calls helping a customer reinstall a thrown track on a ctl and another ran them on a combine. Sounds like life span is around 1000 to 1500 hrs with OEM tracks. Im sure this depends alot on what type of work & conditions the machine is used for.
What sort of surface were you using the tracks on? By that I mean hard, non slippery or sand / moist clay / slippery surface?
Surfaces vary, but I did mostly finish grading of yards. I was bucketing some gravel when the first track broke and pushing some dirt fill into a hole on the 2nd one.
I wonder what Titan would think if they were emailed a link to your post.
I would imagine that they would not be real happy. I assume they will eventually find out. But what should worry them more is their Better Business Bureau rating. By simply not responding, it went down from B to D-. I would have never imagined that much change from one report.
I do not wish bad on anybody, however, ignoring people in situations like this shows very poor form. I will have to replace my rubber tracks on my T190 JCB Robot - I know to stay away from Titan.
Yes, I believe I think less of them for not responding then having a poor product. They had an opportunity to make things right with bpogue.
Everybody makes mistakes. Maybe there was a bad batch of tracks. It is bound to happen sometime. But you have to try to make things right. You can't just ignore problems and hope they will go away. Doing so will come back and bite you sooner or later.
We have several Cat and Deere compact track machines. Adjusting tension properly as per OEM specs will help them last longer. We get about 1500hrs per belt, and use them on concrete, dirt, gravel, just anywhere the machine is needed. We learned our lesson on aftermarket belts the hard way, they don't last and the warranty is very poor, generally. So, we always go OEM with the belts, and if they fail we have a dealer to help. Dealers like return business, so they tend to work harder to keep customers happy. (at least in our experience)
We buy mostly Camoplast replacement tracks. Haven't had too much trouble with them. I tore one, but that was my own fault. Tried pushing half a trailer load of 1" clean rock out of the way in 2 swipes and got a pile bound up in the sprocket. The warranty is only as good as the dealer that sells them. I buy all ours from a one man band named Trak Works in Highland IL. He sells a ton of belts to contractors and farmer. I know my Deere Construction dealer buys some of theirs from him.
They finally responded to the BBB. They denied ever getting the emails that I sent them. Of course they only did this after their rating dropped significantly.
I just bought some camo tracks, problem is I think I got thw wrong size. Was told they would fit but seem way to long. Id email titan back again and ask them if they want to make it right. Just a thought
Check out Dominion. Used a LOT of their tracks in fleet of mini exc's and track skid steers. Minimal complaints about quality, handle abuse pretty well. Anywhere from 700 to 1500 hrs depending on application of course a lot varies.
I've run prowler, rubbertrax, Bridgestone, and camoplast. So far the camoplast have been the best.
Bridgestone and Camoplast for sure!
Bridgestone here! Titan owns Goodyear i believe and the Titan tractor tire also has lots of issues.Lots of info on another forum that i visit.Very few has good things to say about them and Goodyear.Better know as(Good for a Year),because they hardly make it that long. I'm sticking with what has worked for me,got 2100 hours out of my original Bridgestone track with the C pad tread.Went with the Bridgestone Polor Tread tracks and they are super in the mud and dirt for me.Good luck
Just to clarify, Titan does not own Goodyear. Titan bought the farm tractor tire line from Goodyear, and continues to manufacture the tires for Goodyear, under the Goodyear name because of a licensing agreement. They also bought a plant in Brazil from Goodyear that makes some off road tires, and continue to manufacture those tires for Goodyear under the Goodyear name. Basically, they are a subcontractor to Goodyear, producing tires for them under license.
Titan(Good for a Year)sorry my mistake :notworthy,but there still JUNK!!! when it comes to tractor tire. Goes for rubber track,by the way it sounds.
I learned the expensive way, too. I now only run ITR tracks on my TL150s. Most of the time, I now change them because they're bald, with some seeing over 2200 hours. I have 3 very abused TL150s.
We are still working on it with the Better Business Bureau. They are claiming no liability. We will see what happens. Thank you to all for your recommendations. I hope to get this resolved soon and get my TL150 back going soon. I miss it and have several jobs ready.
Well Titan are now advertising flat out here in Australia, have seen two adverts in the past few days. They are offering an extensive warranty, what ever that means.....
Sorry - exact wording cut and paste from their Australian Web Site Peace Of Mind Warranty Our comprehensive warranty has got you covered just in case and exceeds many competitors’ warranties on comparable products.
Well, I had to get the machine up and going again. I went intending to get an ITR track from my local dealer, but they were out of my size. So I ended up getting one from Passini. It was just slightly more expensive, but a good looking track. What a chore it was to change a track on a muddy slope, in the rain, with little room to work with. But I got it done. Now back to work while the BBB is still working on my case.
Let us know of any updates, I'll be track shopping later this year.