Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubbertrax on Cat/ ASV?

tacotory ยท 2010-09-27 13:35

Anyone used the replacement track for the ASV undercarriage from Rubbertrax ? I need tracks for a 287b and am weighing my options. The units from Rubbertrax go for $3170 a pair vs approx $5800 for OEM. By my calcs if they get 55% of the life of OEM it is a wash. Anyone have any experience with these units or have an recommendations for other aftermarket options to check out?

Replies11
  1. #1farmerleach2010-09-27 15:06

    Their is a guy up here that sells a lot of used cat and ASV machines, i think that is who he gets his tracks threw, its been a while since I chatted with him. He says that the after market tracks are just as good as the OEM ones.

  2. #2willie592010-09-27 21:19

    I haven't purchased any ASV tracks from them yet, but I've purchased quite a few other type tracks from Rubbertrax, I haven't had any issues with them with fit, wear, or quality. Not saying they're equal to or better than OEM, just saying I haven't had any problems or complaints from any customer I've sold their tracks to.

  3. #3tacotory2010-09-29 23:45

    Any other aftermarket tracks to consider??

  4. #4xcmark2010-09-30 17:03

    soliddeal was starting to make tracks for some of the ASV/Cat equipment , they are very good high quality tracks (OEM on some ). Worth a look

  5. #5toomuchtime2010-10-01 12:27

    i do not have any first hand experince with them but I have heard real good things about http://www.bairproductsinc.com/products/rubber_tracks.html after market tracks.

  6. #6badalton242010-10-03 10:01

    I buy and sell aftermarket rubbertracks, and have yet to have any issues with our suppliers. Nor have I heard any complaints from my buyers. Usually selling 4-5 sets per week (deal in all aftermarket parts) The warranty runs from 1 year to 1500 hours. As a seller if it were my machine I would pocket the extra savings this time and do the comparison. If you have any questions you can call me at 813-635-2367, thanks. Brent

  7. #7willie592010-10-03 11:23

    Welcome to the forum badalton. :usa You may not have read the forum rules so I thought I would point out to you the forum has a strict "no soliciting" policy. Your experience might help members as to where to find parts they need, but your not allowed to make posts attempting to sell a product, mods will come down on ya for that.

  8. #8badalton242010-10-04 15:39

    Thanks Atco but I wasnt soliciting any business just trying to help out tactory out. I know the rules. Rubber tracks have many different styles and can be confusing with all the cross over changes.

  9. #9willie592010-10-04 19:34

    No worries, just making sure the mods didn't come down with the hammer.

  10. #10Benbuilt4u2010-10-05 21:44

    this is good info for my 277b

  11. #11tacotory2010-10-06 23:22

    My "new" 287b showed up today. The tracks on it are so smoked that about half of the drive lugs on the inside of the track are worn off- could barely get it off the truck! And to think I was going to try to squeak a few more hours out of them :lmao:lmao I have a set of tracks on their way from Rubbertrax- should get here Friday or Monday. The machine didn't come with a manual. I need to try to find one. I looked around for a bit for a .pdf manual and haven't found one yet. I'll be damned if I am going to give the stealership hundreds for something that should be free! I'm hoping I can figure out the ASV track system on my own in case I don't come up with a manual before the tracks get here. It looks like some of the boggy wheels are definitely going to need to be changed. Is there a rule of thumb on "how worn is too worn"? Also, is there a good source for after market boggy wheels, or is it only OEM? $100 each hurts pretty good. On the boggy wheels, I'll take some photos tomorrow and see if the collective brain trust here can give me some advice on which ones need changing and which ones I can roll with.