Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 70 XT won”t move

J4casey ยท 2010-09-27 18:39

Was grading road and machine quit moving forward,or backwards. Hyd works fine as far as bucket up and down,as well as tilt. Loaded machine,used bucket to move onto trailer. Took some time. Should I be able to move with bucket? Just quit all of a sudden.

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2010-09-28 01:13

    I would be looking at drive coupling between engine & pumps

  2. #2Goose2010-09-28 20:16

    A second on the drive coupling.

  3. #3frogfarmer2010-09-28 20:56

    I third the drive coupling. Because the hydraulic pump is driven from the other end of the engine that system is fine. The hydro pumps are driven from the flywheel side with a hub adapter and coupling. It is not uncommon for this to fail on a high hour machine but I have seen low hour machines fail as well. Part is in the 100 dollar range if everything else is good.

  4. #4J4casey2010-09-30 19:27

    was the coupler,thanks