Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Running a new CAT 305. Not sure I’m loving it….

fastline ยท 2023-05-25 00:52

I'm running a 305 for a friend trying to do some finer grading type work. Machine is brand new. I might be 'speshal' but I just can't get use to it and curious if there are any hidden menus to optimize function controls? Are these even electric over hydraulic? My main gripes I guess are sort of jerky motion. I know I was in a Bobcat last year that did not seem this hard to get used to. Am I just expecting too much or what?

Replies3
  1. #1ahart2023-05-25 14:18

    See if you can navigate the menu to control mode, see photo below

  2. #2Nige2023-05-25 14:27

    If it's brand-new have you looked in the pocket behind the seat for the Operation & Maintenance Manual.? It can't have gone walkabout that quickly surely Shirley.?

  3. #3Acoals2023-05-25 14:45

    Are you accustomed to running a full size machine? The mini's seem to have a very different control feel compared to a larger machine, you could say twitchier or jumpy.